BACOLOD CITY – An 11-year-old girl was reported as a third probable dengue fatality in this city. Dr. Grace Tan, head of the City Health Office (CHO)-Environment and Sanitation Division, said the patient was a resident of Barangay 16. She had fever on August 4 and admitted to a hospital three...
ILOILO CITY – The province of Capiz is under a state of calamity due to a dengue outbreak. THE province of Capiz conducts fogging operations due to a dengue outbreak. (Capiz Provincial Government Communications Group) The Capiz Provincial Board approved the recommendation of the...
BUTUAN CITY – The Caraga region recorded 7,122 dengue cases with 39 fatalities from January 1 to August 17. “The number is 144 percent higher compared to the dengue cases recorded in the same period last year,” the DOH-13 based here said. Surigao del Norte has the highest number of cases at...
Amid rising dengue cases nationwide, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) on Wednesday, Aug. 21, announced that it has activated a comprehensive dengue outbreak response plan. (Philippine Red Cross / Manila Bulletin) As the major blood supplier in the country, the PRC said that the implementation...
The Department of Health (DOH) reported on Wednesday, Aug. 21, that it continues to observe a “trend of higher case detection” coupled with a lower case fatality rate for dengue. (DOH / MANILA BULLETIN) Citing its most recent epidemiological data, covering the period from Jan. 1 to Aug. 10, the...
ILOILO CITY – The province of Iloilo has declared a state of calamity following a dengue outbreak to curb cases of the mosquito-borne disease. DEFENSOR (Tara Yap) The Iloilo Provincial Board approved the recommendation of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council led by...
The city of Ormoc has recently been placed under State of Calamity due to a dengue outbreak. The Department of Health in Eastern Visayas has been ringing the alarm on dengue deaths and illnesses in the province. There has been 13 deaths and 5,730 cases recorded from January to July this...
Due to the ongoing rise in dengue cases, the Department of Health (DOH) announced on Monday, Aug. 19, that it is considering declaring a "dengue outbreak" in the Philippines. 'Say yes to fogging' is part of the 4S strategy of DOH against dengue. (Manila Bulletin / file photo) DOH Secretary...
CALAUAN, Laguna – This town was placed under a state of public health emergency due to the increasing number of dengue cases. One-hundred seventy-three cases have been recorded, with 33 active cases and one mortality, as of Monday, August 19. The Rural Health Unit and other government...
TACLOBAN CITY – The Department of Health-Eastern Visayas Center for Health Development (DOH-EVCHD) reported a significant surge in dengue cases in the region. A total of 7,145 cases have been recorded, with 18 fatalities, from January to August 10, a staggering 187 percent increase...
BAGUIO CITY – Ten people have died from dengue in this city from February to August 1. CITY Health Services Office staff conducted fogging activities in a private school in Baguio City after a student suffered from dengue. (Zaldy Comanda) Health officials recorded 3,011 cases during the...
ILOILO CITY – The provincial government of Capiz declared a dengue outbreak on Friday, August 16. A DENGUE outbreak was declared in Capiz on August 16. Gov. Fredenil “Oto” Castro issued an executive order declaring the outbreak following findings of the Capiz Provincial Health Office (CPPO)...