BACOLOD CITY – The City Health Office reported that a 68-year-old man died of dengue, the second suspected fatality here from the viral disease this year. Dr. Grace Tan, head of the CHO Environment and Sanitation Division, said on Wednesday, August 14, that the elderly patient was a resident of...
ILOILO CITY — A dengue outbreak has been declared in Iloilo province following an increase in the number of victims. Gov. Arthur “Toto” Defensor Jr. declared the outbreak on Wednesday, August 14, five years after the last one in 2019. GOV. Arthur ‘Toto’ Defensor Jr. confirms a dengue...
Photo from Pixabay The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday, Aug. 13 observed a continued increase in dengue cases nationwide, reaching 136,161 as of Aug. 3. DOH said the current number of cases is 33 percent higher than the 102,374 cases recorded during the same period last year. Despite...
ILOILO CITY – Dengue cases in Western Visayas increased by 114 percent in the first six months of this year, the Department of Health-6 reported on Monday, August 12. The DOH-6 Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit recorded 10,188 dengue cases from January 1 to August 3, 2024, 5,428...
In light of the concerning rise in dengue cases nationwide, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) announced on Sunday, Aug. 11, that it is intensifying its efforts to ensure that blood and medical assistance are promptly accessible to those in need. (PRC / Manila Bulletin) PRC Chairman and Chief...
BACOLOD CITY – The City Health Office (CHO) reported the first fatality from suspected dengue in this city this year. Dr. Grace Tan, head of the CHO Environment and Sanitation Division, said the patient was an 18-year-old woman from Barangay Estefania. TAN (Glazyl Masculino) Tan said the...
Photo from Pixabay The Department of Health (DOH) reported a significant increase in dengue cases this year, with a total of 128,834 cases as of July 27, a 33-percent rise compared to 97,211 cases during the same period last year. The upward trend is evident in the recent data showing that dengue...
ILOILO CITY — The number of dengue cases in the province of Capiz increased by 127 percent from January to July 27. THE province of Capiz reported an increase in the number of dengue cases in the first seven months of this year. The Capiz Provincial Health Office recorded 933...
BAGUIO CITY – This city logged 3,011 dengue cases from January 1 to August 1. Seven fatalities were recorded. The City Health Services Office (CHSO) said the first death was in February. The rest was recorded last month. The victims were a six-year-old girl, a nine-year-old boy, a...
TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan – The Department of Health (DOH) logged a nine percent increase in dengue cases in Region 2 or Cagayan Valley from January to July 20 compared to the same period last year. A senior health officer of the DOH-Region 2 said 3,115 dengue cases were recorded from January...
Photo from Pixabay By ELLALYN DE VERA-RUIZ The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday, July 16 said the Philippines has experienced a significant increase in dengue cases this year, marking a 19 percent rise compared to the same period last year. Based on the latest DOH data, from Jan. 1 to June 29,...
The Department of Health (DOH) announced on Wednesday, July 3, that a new dengue vaccine could arrive in the Philippines this year. Photo from Pixabay In a pre-State of the Nation Address (SONA) special interview with Health Secretary Teodoro Herbosa on PTV, he said that he spoke with Japan-based...