CEBU CITY – The City Health Department has recommended the declaration of a state of public health emergency here due to increasing dengue cases. Dr. Daisy Villa, who made the recommendation to acting Mayor Raymond Garcia, said that the declaration will help combat rising cases. She said the...
CEBU CITY – Dengue cases in Central Visayas from January to mid-August have breached the 15,000-mark. The Department of Health-Central Visayas (DOH 7) reported that as of August 17, 15,394 dengue cases with 35 deaths have been recorded in the region. The DOH-7 said there was a...
ILOILO CITY – The Capiz provincial government has launched an intensified campaign against the dengue outbreak. CAPIZ conducts fogging operations to combat dengue. (Capiz Provincial Government Communications Group) Gov. Fredenil “Oto” Castro opened the campaign through various activities in...
BACOLOD CITY – Negros Occidental recorded nine dengue fatalities from January 1 to August 31. The Provincial Health Office said 3,234 dengue cases were recorded as of August 31, a 214.29 percent increase from the 1,029 in the same period last year. The age group with the highest number of...
CEBU CITY – The province of Bohol is set to be placed under a state of calamity due to the increasing cases of the mosquito-borne disease dengue. AUMENTADO (FB) The Provincial Anti-Dengue Task Force has recommended through a resolution that Gov. Erico Aristotle Aumentado declare a dengue outbreak...
ILOILO CITY – The Department of Health-6 said 42 people have died from the mosquito-borne disease dengue in Western Visayas region in eight months. A FOGGING operation is conducted in Capiz as the province battles a dengue outbreak. (Capiz Provincial Government Communications Group)...
BACOLOD CITY – The Negros Occidental Provincial Health Office has reported a 183.62 percent increase in dengue cases in the first seven months of the year. A total of 2,822 cases, with six fatalities, were logged from January to August 24, 1,827 more than the 995 during the same period last...
ILOILO CITY – Eleven persons have died from dengue in the province of Iloilo this month amid an outbreak of the mosquito-borne disease. HEALTH workers in Iloilo clean up possible mosquito breeding sites. (IPHO) The Iloilo Provincial Health Office said 17 individuals have died from...
TACLOBAN CITY – The Department of Health-Eastern Visayas Center for Health Development has reported 9,577 dengue cases and 21 deaths so far this year, a 264 percent increase compared to the same period last year with 2,630 cases and nine fatalities. Leyte has the highest number...
News about the rising cases of leptospirosis after the floods caused by a recent typhoon and monsoon rains, and mpox which has been declared by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) have been appearing in various media platforms. ...
ILOILO CITY – This city is under a state of calamity due to a dengue outbreak. The Iloilo City Council approved the recommendation of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council during a session on Wednesday, August 28. THE Iloilo City Hall seen from Plaza Libertad....
ILOILO CITY – The Department of Health-6 logged 3,490 dengue cases in the Western Visayas region from August 11 to 17. Dr. Bea Camille Fillaro-Natalaray, medical coordinator for emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, said in a press conference on Tuesday, August 27, that seven deaths...