ZAMBOANGA CITY – Thirteen persons died from dengue from January to August this year in this city and Isabela City, Basilan province. Zamboanga City Medical Center Information Officer Dr. Shadrina Sarapuddin said that the fatalities were seven minors and five adults. A total of 236 patients were...
BACOLOD CITY – The City Health Office (CHO) reported a 12.9 percent decrease in dengue cases here, but logged another fatality, bringing the total to five this year, as of Aug. 16. A four-year-old boy from Barangay Villamonte is the latest dengue fatality in this highly-urbanized city. The victim...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday, August 23, announced a continued decline in leptospirosis cases nationwide while closely monitoring dengue infections during the ongoing rainy season. From August 17 to 21, DOH said only 18 new leptospirosis cases were recorded — a sharp decrease from...
Dengue cases in Quezon City have reached 6,872 from January 1 to August 18, with 23 deaths reported, according to the Quezon City Epidemiology and Surveillance Division (QCESD). The number is 155 percent higher than in the same period last year. Most of those affected are children aged 10 years...
The Department of Health (DOH) recorded a slight increase in dengue cases during the week of July 13 to 26, reaching 15,091, the agency said on Saturday, August 16. This figure was seven percent higher compared to the 14,131 cases tallied from June 29 to July 12, the DOH said. The DOH said dengue...
BACOLOD CITY – The Negros Occidental Provincial Health Office (PHO) has recorded eight dengue fatalities as of Aug. 2. The PHO said 3,813 cases have been recorded from Jan. 1 to Aug. 2, an increase of 62.46 percent or 1,466 compared to the same period in 2024 with only 2,347. Ten out of 31 local...
A total of 8,171 dengue cases nationwide from July 6 to July 19, the Department of Health (DOH) reported Saturday, August 9. The figure, according to the agency, is 33 percent lower than the 12,166 cases reported from June 22 to July 5. Despite this, the health department said the public should...
BACOLOD CITY – The City Health Office (CHO) has confirmed two more dengue fatalities, raising the death toll in this highly-urbanized city to four this year as of July 27. The latest victims were a six-year-old girl from Barangay Handumanan, who died on July 17 due to dengue shock syndrome, and...
CEBU CITY – Dengue cases in Central Visayas this year are approaching 6,000. The Department of Health-Central Visayas (DOH-7) on Tuesday, June 24, reported that 5,880 dengue cases with 10 deaths have been recorded in the region. During the Kapihan sa Bagong Pilipinas media forum at the Philippine...
As the school year opens and the rainy season sets in, the Department of Health (DOH) has intensified its dengue prevention drive in public schools nationwide, urging the sustained enforcement of the “Alas Kwatro Kontra Mosquito” campaign. Reintroduced in campuses, the campaign calls for the...
Vice President Sara Duterte on Monday, June 2, issued a reminder and warning to Filipinos about keeping the environment clean and taking safety measures against the dangers that dengue brings. A woman is hospitalized due to dengue fever. (Photo courtesy of Continental Hospitals) For the Dengue...
ZAMBOANGA CITY – The City Health Office reported an increase in dengue cases here in the first quarter of this year. In a press briefing on Wednesday, City Health Officer Dr. Dulce Miravite said 524 dengue cases, with three fatalities, were recorded in the first four months of 2025. The figure...