When the waters rise, even the city’s four-legged residents need somewhere safe to go—and in Quezon City, rescued animals now have a place of refuge. A Pet Evacuation Area in Barangay Bagong Silangan had sheltered 64 pets rescued from areas still affected by floods as of Monday, Aug. 10. Set...
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) on Monday, Aug. 10, said it has P6 billion in standby funds and more than 4.98 million family food packs (FFPs) prepositioned nationwide as it continues to assist those affected by the enhanced southwest monsoon or “habagat’ and tropical...
At least 2,424 classrooms across several regions were damaged by the recent southwest monsoon or “habagat” rains, the Department of Education (DepEd) said on Sunday, Aug. 9. “Initial assessments from the DepEd Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS) as of August 9 show a total...
The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has placed all its units on full disaster readiness and activated intensified response measures as Super Typhoon Inday entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR). The district said it has heightened operational readiness to ensure immediate public...
BACOLOD CITY – Police in Negros Island Region are ready to respond to disasters during the rainy season. Police Brig. Gen. Romano Cardiño, Police Regional Office (PRO)-NIR chief, directed all police offices, stations, and regional support units to prepare all Search and Rescue (SAR) equipment,...
The Quezon City government has supported calls for a thorough investigation into the fire that struck a condominium in Eastwood City on June 18, which affected tenants, unit owners, and their families. Local officials said the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Quezon City Police District (QCPD),...
The Quezon City government has extended P4.5 million in financial aid and deployed humanitarian assistance to several areas in Mindanao affected by the magnitude 7.8 earthquake on June 8, 2026, to support relief and recovery operations. General Santos City received P1.5 million, while Jose Abad...
Ahead of the expected entry of a tropical storm into the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR), the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said on Saturday, June 20, that it has prepositioned 4.7 million family food packs and prepared over P4.4 billion worth of relief resources...
Additional “ChariTimba” food packs were dispatched on Tuesday, June 16, for residents affected by the magnitude 5.8 quake that jolted Glan, Sarangani, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) said. In a statement, the agency said relief goods were loaded aboard a Philippine Air Force...
Vice President Sara Duterte personally visited injured earthquake victims in hospitals across Sarangani Province and General Santos City as the Office of the Vice President (OVP) continues its relief and recovery efforts following the powerful earthquake that recently struck Mindanao. In a social...
A hazardous geological phenomenon known as “artificial river damming” now threatens downstream communities in Mindanao after a massive magnitude 7.8 earthquake in Maasim, Sarangani last week destabilized mountain slopes, triggering massive landslides that have choked local river channels. This...
The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on Thursday, June 11, sent relief supplies and deployed Patient Transport Vehicles (PTVs) to communities affected by the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that struck Southern Mindanao earlier this week. In coordination with the Office of Civil Defense (OCD)...