BACOLOD CITY – Seven persons have died from dengue in Negros Occidental province as of April 5 this year. The Provincial Health Office, in a report to Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson, said that the latest fatality was a 49-year-old woman from Bago City. The first dengue death in the province, an...
BACOLOD CITY – A 42-year-old woman from Barangay Mansilingan here is the second dengue fatality in this city this year, according to a report from the City Health Office (CHO) released on Monday, April 14. Dr. Grace Tan, head of the CHO Environmental Sanitation Division, said that the patient was...
Photo from Pixabay Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Teodoro J. Herbosa on Wednesday, April 2 said dengue cases in the Philippines have increased by 75 percent this year compared to 2024, which could lead to a major outbreak. In an interview on GMA’s Unang Balita, Herbosa explained that dengue...
Emphasizing the importance of early detection and prompt medical attention to prevent severe complications, the Department of Health (DOH) on Friday, March 28, warned the public against ignoring dengue symptoms. (MB file photo) In a statement, the DOH noted that a significant percentage of recorded...
Ang Probinsyano Party-list Rep. Alfred delos Santos (Contributed photo) Ang Probinsyano Party-list Rep. Alfred delos Santos says government agencies should link up with local government units (LGUs) and barangays to initiate proactive measures...
BACOLOD CITY – The City Health Office has recorded the first suspected dengue fatality here this year, a 64-year-old man from Barangay Alijis. PHOTO via Africa CDC Dr. Grace Tan, head of the CHO-Environmental Sanitation Division, said the patient had undocumented fever for four days and...
The Department of Education (DepEd) reported 124 dengue cases among students across four regions, urging schools to closely monitor infections and enforce the Department of Health's (DOH) 5S strategy to prevent further spread. (DepEd / MB VIsual Content Group) In a statement issued on March 5,...
BUTUAN CITY – The Caraga region logged 2,369 dengue cases from Jan. 1 to March 1, a 23 percent increase compared to the same period last year with 1,921. DENGUE carrying mosquito The case fatality rate is 0.63 percent, the Department of Health-13 said. Four-hundred thirty-nine were...
(MANILA BULLETIN) Amid the surge in dengue cases in the country, administration senatorial bet Benhur Abalos pointed to an existing and effective anti-mosquito contraption from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). The Alyansa para...
BAGUIO CITY – The City Health Services Office reported that 171 cases were recorded and three people have died from dengue here from Jan. 1 to Feb. 22. The fatalities were a 78-year-old man from Barangay West Bayan Park, a 57-year-old man from Barangay Kias, and a nine-year-old boy from...
The local government of San Juan launched on Saturday, March 1, a citywide cleanup drive to combat the rising dengue cases in Metro Manila, with simultaneous cleanup efforts in all 21 barangays. San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora, along with city officials and volunteers, leads a citywide cleanup...
Senator Maria Lourdes Nancy Binay said she supports calls for the approval of a new generation dengue vaccine, citing the need for the government to exhaust all remedies to curb the rise of dengue in the country. “I think it’s time for the new dengue vaccine to be approved, and we need...