CEBU CITY – Police found no signs of foul play in the deaths of two children whose decomposing bodies were discovered inside an abandoned car in a garage in Barangay Tuyan, Naga City, Cebu. Police Lt. Col. Dexter Calacar, chief of the Naga City Police Station, said personnel of the...
CEBU CITY – Two children were found dead inside a garage in Barangay Tuyan, Naga City, Cebu Tuesday. The bodies of the two seven-year-old boys were discovered a day after they went missing, police said. Police said the two boys asked permission from their parents to play in the neighborhood on...
CEBU CITY – A man and his son were killed in a knife attack in Barangay Inayagan, Naga City, Cebu. Killed in the incident on Sunday, May 10, were Conrado, 59, and Dominic, 21. Conrado’s 49-year-old wife Edna survived the attack. Police said the 28-year-old suspect, a certain Albert, is a friend...
CEBU CITY – A worker died while 19 crew members were rescued after a cargo vessel sank in the sea of Naga City, southern Cebu on Wednesday night, March 11. According to the Coast Guard District Central Visayas (CGDCV), the incident happened while MV Theresa was conducting loading operations at...
CEBU CITY – After years of delays and uncertainty, a segment of a major infrastructure project in Cebu is finally set for completion. Officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) expressed optimism that Segment 3A of the Metro Cebu Expressway (MCE) will be completed by July...
President Marcos backed the major renovation and retrofitting of the Jesse M. Robredo Coliseum (JMRC), turning over P500 million to modernize the facility and strengthen its disaster response capabilities. Marcos personally handed a Special Allotment Release Order (SARO) worth P500 million to Naga...
CEBU CITY – The Police Regional Office-Central Visayas (PRO-7) is mourning the death of a retiring police officer killed in a collision between a motorcycle and a bus in Naga City, southern Cebu province on Sunday, Feb. 1. Police Executive Master Sgt. Antonio Sando, who was supposed to retire...
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is set to finish the 4.55-kilometer segment and collapsed portions of the Metro Cebu Expressway in Naga City, Cebu, within five to six months. DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon said the accelerated timeline aims to end an eight-year delay that has...
CEBU CITY – Packs of suspected shabu worth P54.4 million were seized from a man who was allegedly the leader of a drug syndicate operating in Central Visayas and Negros Oriental. The 47-year-old suspect, a certain Clifford, was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Tuyan, Naga City, Cebu...
CEBU CITY – With fighters from three of the most notable boxing gymns in the Visayas seeing action, Bakbakan sa Naga 5 promises to be a slam-bang affair. The 10-fight card is set for Sunday, Dec. 21, at the Enan Chiong Sports Complex in the Cigy of Naga, southern Cebu province. Naga Mayor Val...
LEGAZPI CITY – The Department of Social Welfare and Development in Bicol (DSWD-5) has provided support to the family of two sisters who were murdered in Naga City earlier this week. DSWD-Bicol Director Norman Laurio said the victims were a 27-year-old woman and her 25-year-old sister, one of who...
CEBU CITY – A senior citizen was arrested and more than P1-million worth of shabu was seized in two separate anti-illegal drug operations in the City of Naga, Cebu province on Sunday, Dec. 7. The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7) served two search warrants in just a span...