The Malabon City has prepositioned food, water, and other essential supplies as part of its preparations for the possible impact of Typhoon Opong, the local government announced on Friday, Sept. 26. The city government said tents have been set up and evacuation centers readied to provide safe...
The Quezon City government has carried out preemptive evacuation in flood-prone barangays as part of its safety measures ahead of Typhoon “Opong.” As of 11:00 a.m. on September 26, 2025, a total of 1,780 families or 6,038 individuals have been evacuated and are currently staying in designated...
Netizens once again poked fun at Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto over his panorama shot of some documents and told him in jest that “0.5 camera na po ata uso ngayon, mayor (The 0.5 camera is what’s in now, Mayor).” This came after Sotto posted a photo of documents he received through a Freedom of...
Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso on Friday, Sept. 26, allayed fears of Manileños about the possible effects of typhoon 'Opong ' as he assured them of the city government 's preparedness for any emergency that may arise. During a situation briefing at the Manila...
LEGAZPI CITY, Albay — A parish priest in Masbate City appealed for assistance after severe tropical storm "Opong” battered the province on Friday, Sept. 26, leaving widespread destruction in its wake. Fr. Raymond Rhys Anave Garrucho of Santa Teresa de Calcutta Parish Rectory and Church in...
Even though Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto said no ghost projects have been reported in the city since his first term in 2019, he vowed to make sure of it by creating an independent team that will monitor and evaluate both national and local infrastructure projects in the city. He said this after...
San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora assured his constituents on Friday, Sept. 26, that the city government is fully prepared to respond to any emergency that may arise as typhoon "Opong" heads toward Central Luzon, including Metro Manila. Zamora said he had already met with the different concerned...
Muntinlupa Mayor Ruffy Biazon raised the status of the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) from blue to red alert due to severe tropical storm “Opong.” He issued Alert Memorandum No. 2025-004 on Sept. 25 ordering that the red alert status will “remain in effect until further notice...
From pre-disaster preparedness to setting up evacuation centers in covered courts to meeting barangay officials, the city government of Antipolo City has intensified its preparation for the effects of Severe Tropical Storm (STS) Opong. City Mayor Casimiro “Jun” Ynares III led a meeting with all...
SANTO TOMAS CITY, Batangas – The body of a woman with a bullet wound was found inside a parked Sports Utility Vehicle here on Thursday. Police identified the victim as Kimberly. A security guard discovered the body of the victim. The victim was seated on the driver 's side of the SUV – a...
BACOLOD CITY - Police Col. Joeresty Coronica, Bacolod police director, revealed that 13 shooting incidents in this highly-urbanized city since 2021 were connected to a suspected gun-for-hire recently arrested in Sipalay City, Negros Occidental. In a press briefing on Wednesday, Sept. 24, Coronica...
CEBU CITY – The Police Regional Office-Central Visayas (PRO-7) warned the public of dubious text messages warning individuals of existing arrest warrants against them. The PRO-7 confirmed that a number of individuals have complained that they received text messages, reminding them to take action...