Quezon City recorded an 80-percent decline in families in evacuation centers amid the intensified southwest monsoon or “habagat,” compared with the number during its onset last year. As of Aug. 11, the city recorded 2,146 affected families or 8,220 individuals in evacuation centers, down...
The Marikina City government has deployed rescue boats in identified low-lying and flood-prone areas in the city to ensure the safety of residents amid continued heavy rainfall brought by the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat). On Saturday, Aug. 8, a total of 20 rescue boats have been deployed in the...
Senator Jinggoy Estrada on Tuesday, July 28 called for the immediate implementation of Republic Act No. 12076 or the Ligtas Pinoy Centers Act saying President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s move to mention it during his fifth State of the Nation Address (SONA) affirms the urgent need to...
Camarines Sur-based solons are prodding government to pour investments on fully-equipped, permanent mega-evacuation centers (ECs) to shelter evacuees in the aftermath of natural disasters, including earthquakes. Rep. Migz Villafuerte (5th district) and Rep. Luigi Villafuerte (2nd district) pointed...
The Quezon City government on Wednesday, May 20, extended financial and relief assistance to 130 families affected by separate fire incidents in seven barangays last week as part of its continuing post-fire recovery efforts. Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte led the distribution of assistance to...
About 114 families or 383 individuals in nine barangays in Pasig City evacuated early to evacuation centers as part of preemptive measures for Super Typhoon Uwan. As early as 4:45 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 9, five evacuation centers in Pasig City already accommodated 31 families. By around 6:30 p.m.,...
The Department of Education (DepEd) on Monday, September 22, said that more than 10 million learners and over 420,000 teaching and non-teaching personnel have been affected by the suspension of classes due to the combined effects of Super Typhoon Nando and the southwest monsoon (habagat). Based on...
Despite the displacement caused by recent typhoons and flooding, the Department of Education (DepEd) on Friday, July 25, assured that learning continues by bringing alternative education programs to evacuation centers—allowing affected students to stay on track with their studies despite...
President Marcos said the government is now looking for other teaching ways in order for students to continue learning amid the suspension of classes which has now reached four consecutive days due to typhoons. Marcos made the statement after his visit at the Maly Elementary School and Sta. Ana...
Babies, lactating mothers, and pregnant women among the over 15,000 individuals temporarily sheltered in different evacuation centers in Pasig City are being provided with nutritious food by the city government as part of the Nutrition Month observance. The city 's Nutrition Committee went to...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government – National Capital Region (DILG-NCR) conferred with other stakeholders in the implementation of the guidelines and minimum standards for permanent evacuation centers for the local government units (LGUs). During the consultation meeting,...
Department of Social Welfare and Development- Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center (Facebook) The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said 4,070 families or 13,246 individuals are still sheltered in evacuation centers due to the ongoing magmatic unrest at...