HONG KONG, China -- Hong Kong may impose a China-style hard lockdown that confines people to their homes, authorities signalled Monday, with the city's zero-COVID strategy in tatters and bodies piling up in hospitals. Two years of strict zero-COVID policies kept the coronavirus largely bay but a...
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said more than 100 Filipinos in Hong Kong have so far contracted COVID-19 amid a surge of infections reported there in early February. AFP/ MANILA BULLETIN In a Laging Handa press briefing on Monday, Feb. 28, DFA Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs...
The country's new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases dropped below 1,000 on Monday, Feb. 28. A passenger (C) sits inside a tricycle covered with a reminder to wear a mask, part of the Covid-19 health protocols, in Manila on February 16, 2022. Ted ALJIBE / AFP In its latest case bulletin, the...
K-pop girl group members BLACKPINK’s Rosé and Apink’s Eunji and Hayoung have tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19). YG Entertainment announced on Feb. 28 that “BLACKPINK's Rosé, ahead of her departure on Feb. 28, tested positive in the PCR test for COVID-19 so some of her...
The Department of Tourism (DOT) is optimistic that the downgrading of COVID Alert in Metro Manila and other areas in the country to Level 1 status will have a big positive impact on the county's tourism sector. “The Department welcomes this development as it not only indicates that we are well on...
BACOLOD CITY - Mayor Evelio Leonardia announced on Sunday, Feb. 27, that Bacolod City will be downgraded to Alert Level 1 on March 1-15. The city and the provinces of Aklan, Capiz, and Guimaras were the four areas in Western Visayas that were placed under Alert Level 1 by the Inter-Agency Task...
As the National Capital Region (NCR) and 38 other areas prepare to de-escalate to Alert 1 in its coronavirus disease (COVID-19) restrictions on March 1, Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Officer-In-Charge, CG Vice Admiral Eduardo D. Fabricante has ordered all of his units to prepare for an increased...
Malacañang said that the downshift to Alert Level 1 in the National Capital Region and 38 other areas will add at least P9 billion worth of economic activity per week as the reduced restrictions will allow many Filipinos to have better incomes. (FILE PHOTO) Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles made...
Malacañang expressed confidence that the ongoing conflict in Eastern Europe will not adversely affect the country's vaccination program against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), as the Philippines already has enough supply of COVID-19 vaccines. (Ali Vicoy/Manila Bulletin) Cabinet Secretary...
Malacañang clarified that the requirement for participants of election-related activities to present proof of complete vaccination only covers events taking place before the elections on May 9, 2022. Aerial shot of the huge crowd during Robredo’s campaign rally in Iloilo. (Team...
The Department of Health (DOH) reminded on Monday, Feb. 28 that the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is not yet over as various areas in the country de-escalates to Alert Level 1 status by March 1. (FILE PHOTO BY ALI VICOY / MANILA BULLETIN) During the Palace press briefing, Health...
"It's all thanks to you." Malacañang has expressed its gratitude to the people for their sacrifices amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, saying their cooperation was what made the shift of 39 areas in the country to Alert Level 1 possible. (FILE PHOTO BY ALI VICOY / MANILA BULLETIN) Cabinet...