CALASIAO, Pangasinan — The Marusay-Sinocalan River reached 10 feet above normal level (ANL), or critical level, on Tuesday, August 18, as rains brought by the southwest monsoon or habagat caused water levels to rise anew. The renewed rise in the level of water at the river has left several areas...
A total of 3,372 families have been evacuated in Quezon City as persistent rains raised flooding and landslide concerns in several areas Tuesday, Aug. 18. As of 10 a.m., 11,270 individuals from 31 barangays were staying in 52 designated evacuation centers in areas vulnerable to flooding or...
Amid continued flooding caused by persistent rains brought by the southwest monsoon (Habagat), several cities in Metro Manila are providing free doxycycline to help protect residents against leptospirosis. The Manila City Health Department recorded eight new leptospirosis cases on Tuesday, Aug....
About 596 families, or 2,238 individuals, remained in 13 evacuation centers across 9 barangays in Pasig City as of Tuesday afternoon, Aug. 18, following days of flooding triggered by heavy Habagat rains. According to the city’s latest 9 a.m. update, the evacuees continue to stay in temporary...
The Quezon City government warned of possible flooding in low‑lying areas along the Tullahan River on Tuesday, Aug. 18, as La Mesa Dam reached Alert Level 3 amid continuous rains brought by the southwest monsoon (Habagat). As of 10 a.m., the dam’s water level stood at 79.69 meters, with excess...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has mobilized more personnel and mobility assets to assist local residents and commuters as heavy rains continue to pound Metro Manila and nearby areas. Thousands of commuters were stranded in Metro Manila on Monday, Aug 17, as major roads were submerged in...
Several parts of Quezon City experienced waist-deep flooding as rains brought by the southwest monsoon, or “habagat,” persisted on Monday, Aug. 17. The deepest flooding, reaching 37 inches, was recorded along Caragay Street and Dulo Interior West Riverside in Barangay Damayan as of 11:20 a.m.,...
Cainta, Rizal Mayor Keith Nieto said Thursday, Aug. 13, that flooding in the municipality could be reduced by about 45 percent if a proposed drainage interceptor project along Marcos Highway is completed, with construction expected to begin this year. Nieto said he had previously discussed the...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday, Aug. 14, directed police commanders nationwide to tighten compliance with waste segregation and disposal rules as the government stepped up efforts to address the country’s growing garbage problem. Police Gen. Jose Melencio C. Nartatez Jr., PNP...
A total of 47 cities and municipalities have been placed under a state of calamity as the enhanced southwest monsoon (habagat) and tropical cyclones “Luis” and “Maymay” affected more than 4.3 million people across 3,768 barangays nationwide, the Office of Civil Defense disclosed Friday,...
President Marcos has vowed to hold accountable all individuals responsible for the anomalous implementation of government infrastructure projects, stressing that the government must ensure these projects deliver the protection and services Filipinos need. Speaking at the Foreign Correspondents...
Chest-deep floodwaters hit parts of Quezon City on Friday, Aug. 14, as persistent rains inundated several areas. The Quezon City government reported the highest water level at 45 inches as of 11:54 a.m., with other areas recording waist-deep, knee-deep, half-knee-deep, and gutter-deep flooding. In...