Malacañang said President Marcos respects the decision of the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) to keep corruption hearings private. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said Marcos respects the ICI 's decision, adding that he will not interfere...
The Department of Agriculture’s (DA) ongoing audit into farm-to-market roads (FMRs) has now found nine projects in Mindanao that are non-existent, with a combined value of approximately ₱125 million. Following the initial discovery of three “ghost” projects on Monday, Agriculture Secretary...
(UPDATED) The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) conducted full-scale disaster response operations following a magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck northern Cebu on Tuesday evening, Sept. 30, with search and rescue (SAR) operations concentrating in Bogo City, the hardest-hit area. The quake occurred at...
President Marcos has directed the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) to release P100 million in local government support fund (LGSF) to typhoon-stricken Masbate for the province 's rehabilitation. Marcos announced this before affected families in Masbate on Wednesday, Oct. 1....
Higher rice prices, coupled with faster fish inflation, could have pushed headline inflation up in September, as the two-month rice import ban—which the government will prolong—might have tightened the supply of the Filipino staple food during the month. Last month’s inflation rate is...
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will provide burial assistance to families of those who perished in the magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck off Cebu on Sept. 30. DSWD-Disaster Response Management Group Assistant Secretary Irene Dumlao said the agency’s Field Office 7 in...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday, October 1, said it had deployed multiple emergency medical response teams to Bogo City following the magnitude 6.9 earthquake that struck northern Cebu on the night of September 30. Acting on the directive of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to ensure...
Cavite 4th district Rep. Francisco "Kiko" Barzaga 's newfound anti-administration stance has inspired social media sleuths to dig up his old posts, particularly the time he declared then-presidential candidate Bongbong Marcos as the best for the Philippines ' future. Gaining attention in...
President Marcos has expressed condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that struck Cebu Tuesday night, and assured that government agencies have been fully mobilized to respond to the disaster. “Buong puso akong nakikiramay sa mga pamilyang nawalan ng mahal...
A true gem of a building, the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) is a true masterpiece. Designed by National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin, it boasts a brutalist charm with its exposed concrete, strong lines, and play on angles. When it opened on Sept. 5, 1976, it not only...
President Marcos has ordered the full mobilization of government agencies following the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that hit northern Cebu, killing at least 69 people and causing injuries to more than 140 on Tuesday night, Sept. 30. “Buong puso akong nakikiramay sa mga pamilyang nawalan ng mahal sa...
President Marcos and Congress leaders have identified 44 measures under the Common Legislative Agenda (CLA) of the 20th Congress, focusing on agriculture, social services, energy security, and governance reforms. The measures were finalized during the Legislative-Executive Development Advisory...