LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — A child who wasn't vaccinated died in a measles outbreak in rural West Texas, state officials said Wednesday, the first U.S. death from the highly contagious — but preventable — respiratory disease since 2015. The school-aged child had been hospitalized...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday, June 20, reported a decrease in pertussis and measles-rubella cases in the Philippines. Photo from AP From May 12 to 25, the health department recorded 187 pertussis cases, marking a 38 percent decrease from the 301 cases reported from April 28 to May 11....
The Department of Health (DOH) on Saturday, May 18, reported a decline in Measles-Rubella (MR) cases over the recent three to four weeks (April 14 to April 27). (Photo credits to AP) The health department cited an 8 percent decrease, reporting 408 cases compared to 442 cases two weeks prior (March...
The Department of Health (DOH) released on Thursday, May 9, its latest data on measles and rubella cases, indicating a significant increase in these cases in the country in 2024 compared to 2023. (Photo credits to AP) Based on the department's data, from the start of the year to April 27, 2,264...
In a move against the measles outbreak, the Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday, May 2, announced the successful vaccination of 1,177,299 children in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). Photo from Pixabay DOH Assistant Secretary and spokesperson Albert Domingo revealed...
The Department of Health (DOH) reported 1,817 measles cases nationwide from January 1 to April 13. DOH Assistant Secretary and spokesperson Albert Domingo during an interview with PTV Bagong Pilipinas Ngayon on Tuesday, April 23 (Screenshot from PTV Bagong Pilipinas interview) DOH Assistant...
The Department of Health (DOH), in collaboration with its Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM), has successfully vaccinated 72 percent of its target population against measles as of April 17. Photo from Pixabay In a statement on Thursday, April...
The Department of Health (DOH) reported a total of 1,627 cases of measles and rubella (MR) in the country from the start of the year to April 6, with four deaths recorded. Photo from Unsplash In a statement released on Tuesday, April 16, the DOH highlighted that children under the age of 10 are...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday, April 8, said that the measles, locally known as "tigdas," vaccination in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) will have a two-day pause in observance of Eid’l Fitr on April 10 and 11. Photo from Pixabay "We'll be pausing for two...
To protect them from the highly infectious measles spread, the Department of Health (DOH) on Friday, March 29, said that it is aiming to vaccinate a total of 1.3 million children in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). (ALI VICOY / MANILA BULLETIN / FILE PHOTO) “We...
More than half of the total cases of measles-rubella in the country were reported from the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) based on the data from the Department of Health (DOH). (Manila Bulletin / file photo) “BARMM continues to report the most number of cases of...
The Department of Health (DOH) issued advisories on Monday, March 25, regarding the ongoing rise in pertussis and measles cases across the country. Photo from DOH As it emphasized the importance of vaccination, the DOH reassured the public that daily activities may continue, although with...