Malacañang has urged the public to report any abuse or irregularity in the selection of Presidential Scholarship Program beneficiaries. Complaints involving the scholarship program may be reported to the Liga ng mga Barangay national office, the Department of the Interior and Local Government...
The leadership fund was never mentioned to President Marcos and was never brought up in past meetings, Malacañang said. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro disclosed that the so-called leadership fund was never discussed with the President. Castro also said that...
Malacañang said the Marcos administration is keen on resolving issues surrounding infrastructure project implementation, noting that the release of funds has been expedited to ensure the timely completion of various initiatives. However, the government 's eagerness to resolve the...
Malacañang said the recent attack on Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) will not prevent the conduct of the region 's first parliamentary election. In a press briefing on Monday, Aug. 17, Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said the...
Malacañang said it could not confirm reports that Vice President Sara Duterte had sought a private meeting with President Marcos, but stressed that the President remains open to dialogue with anyone. Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro said this following rumors...
President Ferdinand E. Marcos was elected to a second term in November 1969, at a time when student activism was gaining momentum around the world. The Free Speech Movement at the University of California, Berkeley, which had emerged in 1964 in opposition to university policies restricting...
President Marcos stressed the importance of the first parliamentary election in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) as he believes that it is the culmination of decades-long peace efforts. The President also said the parliamentary election next month is important for...
President Marcos has condemned the armed attack at the convoy of Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof A. Macacua in Maguindanao del Norte. The President, according to Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro, ordered...
President Marcos has raised concern over the growing influence of social media and online platforms on children, saying young people are increasingly exposed to harmful content and distorted realities while their critical judgment is still developing. Speaking at the Foreign Correspondents...
President Marcos expressed confidence that the government would catch up with and surpass last year’s level of public spending by the fourth quarter of 2026, with faster expenditures expected to support economic growth. Speaking at the Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines (FOCAP)...
President Marcos said his administration is reducing discretionary powers in government and expanding digitalization to strengthen safeguards in the management of public funds and prevent corruption and waste. Speaking at the traditional Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines (FOCAP)...
A government closer to the people and a better Philippines are what President Marcos hopes to leave after his presidency. Although hesitant, Marcos gave a lengthy response when asked what legacy he hopes to leave to the country after his term in 2028. "I 'm weary about legacy. Legacy is when...