DAVAO CITY – Presidential Assistant for Eastern Mindanao Leo Tereso Magno vowed to help the Maritime Industry Authority (Marina) expand its regional offices in Eastern Mindanao. MAGNO (FB) Magno pledged support after Marina Administrator Sonia Bautista Malaluan requested assistance to securing...
DAVAO CITY – Former President Rodrigo R. Duterte doubts the sincerity of the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) to end insurgency even with the exploratory peace talks initiated by the government last year. “It has always been the same, in my opinion. I cannot doubt the...
LONDON (AFP) -- Liverpool survived an Arsenal barrage to claim a place in the FA Cup fourth round in dramatic fashion as a pair of late goals sealed a 2-0 win on Sunday, Jan. 7. Manchester City's Portuguese defender Ruben Dias (left) passes the captain's armband to Manchester City's Belgian...
ILOILO CITY – In response to the clamor of the business sector, the Iloilo City government reduced real property tax (RPT) here by 40 percent for fiscal years 2024 and 2025. “This is in view of the many inquiries we are getting on the increase in RPT,” said Mayor Jerry Treñas here. THE...
The fire stations in EMBO (enlisted men’s barrio) barangays, which are now part of Taguig, were reopened after Senator Alan Peter Cayetano’s tirade against the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP). In a Facebook Live video on Jan. 5 , Cayetano, the husband of Taguig Mayor Lani Cayetano, lambasted...
A fire gutted a roof deck of a building on Malugay St. Barangay Bel-Air, Makati City on Monday, Jan. 8. Screenshot photo from a video of Esguerra Christian (Fire Alert Metro Manila Facebook group)/MANILA BULLETIN According to the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the blaze at the roof deck of...
The Taguig City government provided medical services to Barangay Cembo after the closure of eight health centers in EMBO (enlisted men’s barrio) areas. Taguig delivered medical, dental and nutrition services in Barangay Cembo under its Love Caravan. The Love Caravan in Barangay Cembo...
Authorities seized an estimated P13.6 million of shabu in a buy-bust operation in a subdivision in Muntinlupa on Jan. 6. The operation was carried out by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) National Capital Region’s Northern District Office and Southern District Office, and...
LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – Suspected shabu valued at P8.2 million was seized by the police and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency from three drug pushers in a buy-bust operation in Naga City, Camarines Sur on Sunday morning, January 7. Police Lt. Col. Malu Calubaquib, spokesperson of Police...
BACOLOD CITY – Three New People’s Army (NPA) fighters surrendered to the police in Escalante City, Negros Occidental on January 3. MAP of Escalante City, Negros Occidental. Police Executive Master Sgt. Artus Escuadra of the Escalante City Police Station said these rebel returnees aged 26, 30,...
BACOLOD CITY – A couple was arrested and 86 grams of suspected shabu worth P584,800 were seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Granada here on Saturday, January 6. A COUPLE was arrested and suspected shabu worth P585,000 was seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Granada, Bacolod...
DAVAO CITY – Presidential Assistant for Eastern Mindanao Leo Tereso Magno said the death of Archbishop Fernando Capalla is heartbreaking for the people of Davao whom he served as prelate for most of his life. Magno said he is one with the people of Davao in mourning the death of a selfless and...