ZAMBOANGA CITY (PNA) – A fifth suspect in the Feb. 17 ambush of Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Alonto Adiong Jr. was killed in a shootout with authorities, police said on Thursday, March 30. The wife of the group’s leader allegedly involved in the ambush was also captured during the clash that...
Senator Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito said the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) should dismantle all existing private armies throughout the country. Ejercito noted that the suspects in the assassination of Negros Oriental Governor Roel Degamo used...
BACOLOD CITY – Negros Oriental Rep. Arnolfo ‘’Arnie’’ Teves Jr. on Monday, March 6, denied accusations linking him to the shooting incident that killed Gov. Roel Degamo and eight others, including two barangay officials, in Pamplona, Negros Oriental on March 4....
Negros Oriental 3rd district Rep. Arnie Teves said he and his brother, former governor Henry Teves won't be the ones who will "benefit" from the death of slain incumbent governor, Roel Degamo. Negros Oriental 3rd district Rep. Arnie Teves (Facebook video screenshot) Rep. Teves made this claim in a...
CEBU CITY – A regional special investigation task group was created to solve the killing of Negros Oriental Gov. Roel Degamo on Saturday morning, March 4. PRESIDENT Ferdinand Marcos Jr. with Negros Oriental Gov. Roel Degamo during the presidential campaign last year. (President Marcos FB) The...
The Rizal provincial government launched this February a cooking competition aimed at promoting healthy foods to the public and increasing their awareness about the benefits of sustainable farming and community gardens. According to Rizal Governor Nina Ynares, the Pick'n Cook! Cooking Competition...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has declared a gun ban in two provinces and 63 barangays in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) following an ambush on Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Alonto Adiong Jr on Friday, Feb. 17, that left four people, three of them policemen, dead....
Vice President Sara Duterte condemned the assassination attempt against Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal “Bombit” Adiong Jr. and his companions—four of whom died—and called for justice to be served “immediately.” Vice President Sara Duterte (left) and Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Adiong Jr....
European Union Ambassador to the Philippines Luc Veron on Saturday, Feb. 18, sent his sympathies and well wishes to Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal “Bombit” Adiong Jr. after his convoy was ambushed. Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Alonto Adiong Jr. (left) and European Union Ambassador to the...
Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Benjamin “Benhur” Abalos, Jr. ordered the Philippine National Police (PNP) to conduct a massive manhunt for the suspects behind the ambush of Lanao del Sur Governor Mamintal “Bombit” Alonto-Adiong, Jr. that killed four of his...
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Unidentified gunmen on Friday fired on a convoy that wounded Lanao del Sur Gov. Mamintal Alonto-Adiong Jr. and killed four of his companions. An initial report from the Kalilangan municipal police station in Bukidnon province said the incident took place in Maguing...
Four people were confirmed killed while two others were hurt when unidentified assailants ambushed Lanao del Sur Governor Mamintal A. Adiong and his party in Maguing town on Friday, Feb. 17, police said. Photo: PNP Press Corps pool / PRO-BAR Col. Redrico Maranan, chief of the Philippine National...