The Quezon City (QC) government announced on Wednesday, Jan. 5, that the COVID-19 testing for symptomatic and close contacts slowed down due to an increased demand. “We observed a rapid increase in the number of people who want to get tested, mostly from those who experience symptoms such as...
The Department of Education (DepEd) shared the various challenges experienced by teachers and students who participated during the pilot run after completing the five-week study on limited face-to-face classes in select schools in December. Photo taken at Mary Perpetua E. Brioso National High...
The Department of Education (DepEd) is currently finalizing its report on the five-week pilot implementation of limited face-to-face classes to be submitted to President Duterte. Face-to-face classes in Burgos Elementary School in Botolan, Zambales on Nov. 15, 2021 (Photos from DepEd) During a...
Active cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Pasig City jumped to 456 on Jan. 4 from just 24 cases a week earlier on Dec. 28, based on data provided by the city government. The tally represents an increase of 432 cases in one week. Of the 456 total count, the following Pasig barangays...
The plan to expand limited face-to-face classes to more schools in areas classified as “high risk” has been postponed until next week, the Department of Education (DepEd) said. Simulation of face-to-face classes in Comembo Elementary School, Makati in December 2021. (MANNY LLANES / MANILA...
Following the spike in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases throughout the National Capital Region (NCR), the City of Manila logged over 1,000 cases on Wednesday, Jan 5. There are 1,124 active COVID-19 cases in Manila now, the city government said. Manila’s Tondo district holds the highest number...
Due to the fresh surge of new daily cases of COVID-19, Vice President Leni Robredo on Wednesday, Jan. 5, brought back her office’s free mobile antigen testing program in two sites: Tandang Sora and Quezon City Memorial Circle. OVP’s Swab Cab resumes operations in Quezon City on Wednesday, Jan....
Senator Nancy Binay on Wednesday reiterated her call for authorities to deploy quarantine marshals in light of the continued breaches in protocol among quarantine facilities. Rather than merely focusing on law enforcement, Binay said quarantine marshals would be tasked with ensuring that the public...
One of President Duterte’s top economic advisers on Wednesday, Jan. 5, said that the public should “not panic” amid the rising cases of COVID-19 in the country, reiterating his call for alert levels to be guided by healthcare utilization and vaccination rates. Presidential Adviser for...
The rising number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the country has prompted the Archdiocesan Shrine of Santo Niño in Tondo, Manila to suspend their public Masses for the upcoming feast of the child Jesus this month. Photo Archdiocesan Shrine of Santo Niño de Tondo Parish FB The parish...
The Department of Education (DepEd) said that limited face-to-face classes in pilot schools located in low-risk areas would continue unless deferred by their respective local government units (LGUs). Pilot face-to-face classes in Sinalongan Elementary School, Masbate City. (Photo from DepEd...
(Ali Vicoy/ File photo/ MANILA BULLETIN) The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday, Jan. 5, reported 10,775 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) nationwide. The last time that the Philippines recorded a five-digit additional infections was on Oct. 10, 2021 with 12,159 cases then....