Senator Imee Marcos on Sunday said she is outraged at the Department of Health (DOH) for releasing a memorandum that enables the government to dismiss parental consent if a child is willing to be vaccinated. Marcos reminded the DOH that the government should not and can’t usurp parental...
Senator Nancy Binay on Sunday called on the government to come up with a comprehensive medical waste management plan now that COVID-19 self-test kits have been made commercially available. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Binay noted, has so far approved the use of 116 COVID -19 self test...
The Muntinlupa City government is ready to roll out the vaccination of minors aged five to 11 years old on Monday, Feb. 7. Two vaccination sites will be used by the city government in the vaccination of the age group in Muntinlupa. Muntinlupa City Health Office chief Dr. Juancho Bunyi earlier said...
Presenting parents’ or guardians’ consent before allowing the vaccination of kids aged 5 to 11 against the coronavirus disease-2019 is a “requirement.’’ This was stressed by Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año on Sunday, Feb. 6, as he expressed...
The team of presidential aspirant Vice President Leni Robredo prefers to go around the provinces instead of holding the “conventional” political rallies once the official campaign period kicks off on Tuesday, Feb. 8. Vice President Leni Robredo speaks to an affected resident during her Palawan...
Coronavirus vaccines have been prepared for distribution at a vaccination site in Manila on May 18, 2021. (Ali Vicoy/Manila Bulletin) The Philippines is ready to start its coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination drive for its younger population aged five to 11 starting on Monday, Feb. 7. The...
(DR. GUIDO DAVID / TWITTER) As coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continue to drop across the country, the OCTA Research Group estimated that the Philippines may only have 1,000 to 2,000 daily cases by the end of February. In a tweet on Sunday, Feb. 6, OCTA fellow Dr. Guido David noted that the...
(DR. GUIDO DAVID / TWITTER) The OCTA Research Group is hoping that the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in Metro Manila will continue their downtrend and return to the pre-surge level by the end of February. Citing the data from the Department of Health, OCTA fellow Dr. Guido David said Metro...
It would be such a pity if the Commission on Elections (Comelec) will not grant the exemption from the election ban the Office of the Vice President (OVP) is asking for its COVID-19 response initiatives, Vice President Leni Robredo said on Sunday, Feb. 6. Vice President Leni Robredo (OVP photo) The...
While health experts are optimistic, Malacañang said health experts in the country are still cautious about treating the coronavirus (COVID-19) like the common seasonal flu and that they prefer to take it one step at a time. (Mark Balmores/ File photo/ MANILA BULLETIN) Cabinet Secretary Karlo...
Quezon City's official spokesperson Pia Morato questioned on Friday, Feb. 4, the "political maturity" of Rep. Mike Defensor after the latter challenged Mayor Joy Belmonte to resign over alleged Commission on Audit (COA) “adverse findings” on local government's purchase of pandemic food packs....
During the expansion phase of limited face-to-face classes , the Department of Education (DepEd) is allowing schools to extend the hours of in-person sessions for teaching and learning. (MANNY LLANES / MANILA BULLETIN) In a virtual briefing this week, Education Assistant Secretary Malcolm Garma...