CAMP RAFAEL C. RODRIGUEZ, Butuan City – The Joint Peace and Security Coordinating Center convened for the first time on Tuesday, September 5, to discuss security for the barangay elections in the Caraga region next month. Each member laid out security measures and based on these, the JPSCC...
Sen. Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito revealed on Tuesday, September 5, that the former police officer in the viral gun-toting incident in Quezon City has been involved in 10 various charges in the past as well as incident reports from his barangay. Former Police Officer Wilfredo Gonzales faces the...
Senator Robinhood "Robin" Padilla reminded former police officer Wilfredo Gonzales on Tuesday, Sept. 5 about responsible gun ownership after the latter was involved in the viral gun-toting incident in Quezon City last month. Sen. Robinhood "Robin" Padilla at the Senate Committee on...
With the wide attention given to the road rage incident in Quezon City last month, a Senate panel's investigation on it on Tuesday, Sept. 5, opened a discussion on road sharing, respect for bike lanes, and better transport plans which in a way, could have prevented the altercation from occurring in...
Senate President Juan Miguel F. Zubiri expressed the need to come up with a special law against road rage after the gun-toting incident that occurred in Quezon City involving a cyclist and a former policeman. Former policeman Wilfredo Gonzales, who was involved in a gun-toting incident in Quezon...
Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa said on Saturday, Sept. 2 that he is looking to propose a measure that will give the Philippine National Police (PNP) the power to designate city and municipal police chiefs. "Yung pagpili ng chief of police, provincial director dapat ilagay na lang yung power na yan...
President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. has approved the recommendation to impose a mandated price ceiling on rice in the country amid the "alarming" increase in its retail prices. File photos Marcos made the order through Executive Order (EO) No. 39, signed by Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin...
The companion of slain teenager 17-year-old Jerhode “Jemboy” Baltazar told a Senate panel on Wednesday, Aug. 30, that the police investigator formerly handling the case altered the statement that he gave regarding the incident. Sonny Boy Aguistilo (Screenshot from the YouTube Live of the Senate...
The Senate Committee on Public Order and Dangerous Drugs, on Wednesday, August 30, lifted the contempt order against the three Navotas City police officers involved in the killing of 17-year-old Jerhode “Jemboy” Baltazar. These are Police Capt. Juanito Arabejo, Staff...
Staff Sgt. Gerry Maliban, one of the six suspects involved in the killing of 17-year-old Jerhode “Jemboy” Baltazar told a Senate panel on Tuesday, Aug. 29, that while he was the first to fire, he said that he "heard a gunshot" first. During a hearing of the Senate Committee on Public Order and...
Amid the ongoing investigation on the killing of 17-year-old Jerhode “Jemboy” Baltazar, a Senate panel on Tuesday, August 29 cited in contempt the former head of Navotas City Police's Station Investigation and Detective Management Section (SIDMS), after lengthy questioning about skipping the...
BACOLOD CITY – Commanders of the 10 police stations here have increased police visibility in their jurisdictions as the filing of Certificates of Candidacy (COC) for this year’s Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) started on Monday, August 28. Police Lt. Col. Ronnie Brillo,...