The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) welcomed the proposal of the mayors of Metro Manila to implement a Garbage Single Ticketing System in the metropolis following the tons of garbage that floated on a river system in Parañaque City last week. MMDA chairman Don Artes said the...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday, Aug. 14, directed police commanders nationwide to tighten compliance with waste segregation and disposal rules as the government stepped up efforts to address the country’s growing garbage problem. Police Gen. Jose Melencio C. Nartatez Jr., PNP...
The garbage choking the Redemptorist Water Channel in Parañaque reflects not only public indiscipline but also a failed system and the government’s failure to address the root of the country’s plastic pollution crisis, marine conservation group Oceana said. Oceana Vice President Von Hernandez...
Muntinlupa Mayor Ruffy Biazon lamented the dumping of trash into drainage systems, which contributes to flooding in various barangays. Personnel from the Muntinlupa City government have been unclogging drainage systems in different areas. Biazon said a tire was found in a drainage ditch on Narra...
President Marcos said the country is facing a serious garbage problem but rejected describing the situation as a “garbage crisis,” while stressing that tougher penalties for littering must be matched by adequate waste disposal facilities. In an interview during the inspection of clearing and...
Around 320 firefighters =, including Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) officer-in-charge (OIC) Chief Supt. Wilberto Rico Neil A. Kwan Tiu, participated on Wednesday, Aug. 12, in hauling tons of sea trash that covered the Parañaque City water channel during the ongoing clean-up drive. Kwan Tiu said...
The national government should come up with a master plan to effectively and efficiently address the garbage problems not only in Metro Manila and nearby areas but also other urban centers across the country, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said. DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon said...
BAGUIO CITY – The city government has approved an increase in garbage fees to help fund its 10-year Solid Waste Management Plan and encourage residents and businesses to reduce waste generation. The City Council approved on final reading Ordinance 69-2026 on July 13, which sets new monthly...
At least three truckloads of garbage were collected by sanitation crews on Thursday, July 2, following the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) rally near the EDSA People Power Monument in Quezon City. The Department of Sanitation and Cleanup Works of Quezon City (DSQC), in coordination with the Metropolitan...
Malacañang has condemned the trash-dumping incident outside the office of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in Davao City, calling it a "blatant disrespect of law." Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro even called it "trash behavior." Castro...
DAVAO CITY – The death toll from the sanitary landfill slide in Barangay New Carmen here on May 20 has climbed to two, while one person remains missing, authorities reported Wednesday. Rescuers recovered the body of "Luisa," 78, a resident of Purok 8, who was believed to have been buried during...
Two individuals were injured when a trailer truck loaded with garbage overturned along the southbound lane of the C5-Bonny Serrano Tunnel in Quezon City shortly after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, May 27, prompting the temporary closure of the tunnel and the rerouting of motorists. The Metropolitan Manila...