Senator Robin Padilla could face obstruction of justice charges for allegedly helping his colleague Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa escape following the recent chaotic events at the Senate. Thus, said House Senior Deputy Minority Leader Mamamayang Liberal (ML) Party-list Rep. Leila de Lima in a...
Department of National Defense (DND) Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. on Friday, May 15, firmly dismissed concerns that recent political instability and a shooting incident at the Senate have caused friction within the military, asserting that the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) remains...
Members of the Senate minority bloc on Friday, May 15, pressed for a thorough investigation of the unfortunate events that unfolded in the Senate over the past few days. For his part, Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson called for the retrieval and thorough review of the close circuit television (CCTV)...
Former senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Friday, May 15, lashed out at Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla, calling him incompetent for failing to arrest Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa despite a reported International Criminal...
Senator Jinggoy Estrada, on Friday, May 15, denied allegations that he ordered Senate personnel to hide the closed-circuit Television (CCTV) footage related to the shooting incident inside the Senate complex, clarifying that he merely instructed authorities to preserve the recordings as evidence...
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is considering Sen. Robin Padilla and Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca as “persons of interest” as it probes the reported departure of Sen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa from the Senate amid an attempt to serve him an International Criminal Court...
President Marcos has appealed for sobriety and calm following the shooting incident at the Senate, as Malacañang moved to dispel claims that government forces attempted to storm the chamber or arrest Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa. In a video message, Marcos said he had already spoken with...
Senator Risa Hontiveros has called for a full, independent and unobstructed accounting of the recent unfortunate events that unfolded in the Senate this week, particularly the shooting incident and the predawn disappearance of one of their colleagues. Hontiveros made the call as she criticized the...
The gunfire inside the Senate on Wednesday night should not be dismissed merely as a security breach. It was an assault on the nation’s democratic institutions and a chilling reminder of how dangerously polarized the Philippines has become. The halls of the Senate are meant to be an arena for...
Was the Senate gunfire incident a planned distraction to pave the way for the escape of Sen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa? Both the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) also want to find out amid speculations on social media that the gunfire incident was...
Members of the House minority bloc are livid over the reported escape of Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa from the premises of the Senate following the chaotic chain of events at the upper chamber. In an X post on Thursday, May 14, Senior Deputy Minority Leader Mamamayang Liberal (ML) Party-list...
Newly-installed Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano insisted on Thursday, May 14 that the Senate indeed was under attack on Wednesday night. A visibly irked Cayetano reiterated his belief during a press briefing at the Senate after confirming that Sen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, who is under...