Flood control projects worth more than ₱800 billion have been implemented since 2022 without substantial coordination with the River Basin Control Office (RBCO), the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said on Wednesday, Aug. 20. DPWH Secretary Manuel Bonoan made the admission after...
President Marcos’ push to investigate the government’s failed flood control projects is simply a way for him to excuse himself from his responsibilities and obligations when the next flooding happens, Vice President Sara Duterte said. In an interview in Paris during a meeting with the Filipino...
Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff Gen. Romeo Brawner Jr. urged soldiers on Wednesday, Aug. 20, to stay vigilant against corruption and maintain the integrity of the organization as it pursues reforms and modernization. In a statement, Brawner stressed that soliciting, asking...
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is now investigating into how a construction company with only P250,000 in capital was able to corner around P5.3 billion worth of flood control projects this year. DPWH Secretary Manuel Bonoan said the agency will review the records of the...
President Marcos has already laid out the system in the investigation of corruption-ridden flood-control projects, thus he no longer needs to designate someone to lead it. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said this on Thursday, Aug. 14, as a response to Baguio...
Malacañang has yet to identify the officials and contractors involved in alleged anomalous flood control projects, who President Marcos wants to be investigated. At present, the Palace has also yet to determine the flood control projects included in their corrupt activities. "Ngayon, hindi pa...
President Marcos’ fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA) at the Batasang Pambansa Complex on Monday, July 28, received 124 rounds of applause and two standing ovations, when he declared war against those who profited from the failed flood control projects in the country. This was comparable...
Shame on you. This was how President Marcos slammed all those behind the failed flood control projects, which he tagged as "pigments of imagination" in the country, which have caused massive impact to Filipinos in the past days. Marcos did not mince his words when he called out the money-making...
DAVAO CITY – The Regional Development Council in Central Mindanao and the Mindanao Development Authority are eyeing foreign donors to fund infrastructure projects to mitigate perennial flooding within the Mindanao River Basin area. RESIDENTS wade through a marshy field that used to be...
As requested by the Philippines, the World Bank has extended by two more years its soon-to-lapse loan for a big-ticket infrastructure project aimed at mitigating flooding in Metro Manila, which had been plagued by delays and underspending due to government inefficiency. Official documents showed...
The construction period for two of the government's flood mitigation projects in Cavite and Metro Manila has been extended to up to five more years and consequently received additional funding. President Marcos on Tuesday, Nov. 5, first approved the extension of the construction period and...
"Go ahead." President Marcos is unfazed as he welcomed calls to investigate the government's flood control projects following the onslaught of Severe Tropical Storm Kristine that left several areas in the country flooded last month. President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. (RTVM screenshot)...