Malacañang said President Marcos continues to trust Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Manuel Bonoan despite the anomalies in the country 's flood-control projects. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said on Wednesday, Aug. 27, that...
BAGUIO CITY – Mayor Benjamin Magalong maintained that his advocacy against corruption will continue, especially in government infrastructure projects involving several politicians and personnel of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). Magalong’s exposure of government corruption...
Singapore-based ride-hailing giant Grab will soon offer a new carpooling service in the Philippines, providing commuters with a cheaper option to travel through ride-sharing, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said. DOTr Secretary Vince Dizon, who met with senior Grab executives last week,...
SAGIP Party-list Rep. Paolo Marcoleta says Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro is always on the defensive. This, as Marcoleta shared his unfiltered view of the PCO 's performance on Tuesday night, Aug. 26 during the agency 's budget hearing with the House...
Malacañang assured the public that the country’s rice supply remains sufficient even with the 60-day suspension of imports starting next month, citing local harvests and stronger government monitoring. Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said this ahead of the start of the two-month...
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) said on Tuesday, Aug. 26, that it has issued a show cause order (SCO) to the registered owner of a vehicle that hit and injured a 74-year-old woman while she was crossing a pedestrian lane in Marikina City. Related story:...
President Marcos has ordered lifestyle checks on government officials as part of an ongoing investigation into anomalous flood control projects, Malacañang said Wednesday, Aug. 27. Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said this following reports of substandard and irregular projects under...
A position is being offered to relieved Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police General Torre, Malacañang bared a day after he was sacked by President Marcos. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro confirmed that Torre is being offered a position in the Marcos...
President Marcos will travel to Cambodia for a state visit next month before heading to the United States to attend the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York, Malacañang announced. In a press briefing on Wednesday, Aug. 27, Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro confirmed that...
The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) welcomed the call of Department of National Defense (DND) Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. to speed up the implementation of the military’s modernization program due to evolving security challenges and rapid technological changes. “We fully support the...
Local government units (LGUs) should be given the authority to propose, instead of merely being made to accept projects, from the national government, Union of Local Authorities of the Philippines (ULAP) president Dakila “Dax’’ Cua said on Wednesday, Aug. 27. Cua made the call after Marcos...
Like the now notorious "ghost" flood control project in Bulacan, the two other flood control projects in the same province that President Marcos found to be substandard technically cannot be blamed on Congress insertions. This, after House Committee on Public Accounts Chairman Bicol Saro Party-list...