President Marcos has made an assurance that power supply in the entire Bogo City in Cebu will be restored by the end of Thursday, Oct. 2. Marcos announced this on Thursday during his visit in the city after the 6.9 magnitude earthquake that jolted Cebu on Tuesday night. He said the Department of...
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is encouraging agri-business companies to tap the capital market for their financing needs through the Commission’s program, which streamlines the process for securities registration in the industry. The Commission, on Sept. 24, introduced the...
The Department of Education (DepEd) on Thursday, October 2, confirmed that 1,187 classrooms were totally destroyed by the powerful 6.9-magnitude earthquake that struck northern Cebu earlier this week, leaving thousands of students and teachers without safe learning spaces. As of 11 p.m. on October...
House Infrastructure Committee (infra comm) Chairman Bicol Saro Party-list Rep. Terry Ridon has some choice words for Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong following the latter 's acrimonious exit from the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI). "It is the height of hypocrisy for a...
Condolences and sympathies from around the world poured for the victims of the 6.9-magnitude earthquake that jolted Cebu province earlier this week. Japanese Prime Minister Ishiba Shigeru led the new batch of messages from the international community. “I am deeply saddened and worried to learn...
CEBU CITY – Still traumatized by the deadly 6.9-magnitude earthquake that struck northern Cebu province late Tuesday night, Sept. 30, affected residents are opting to sleep in open areas. In Medellin, the town after Bogo City, the epicenter of the powerful quake, residents are opting to sleep by...
At least four local governments in the National Capital Region (NCR) have deployed emergency contingents and aid to earthquake-hit Cebu province. Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso ordered the immediate deployment of medical aid and staff to the province of Cebu that was struck by a...
The Department of Energy (DOE) is considering extending its de-risking initiative—currently focused on geothermal energy investments—to nuclear energy following the Marcos administration’s approval of the Philippine Nuclear Energy Safety Act, also known as the PhilATOM law. In an ambush...
President Marcos has announced that the Office of the President (OP) has donated over P200 million to Cebu and other towns struck by the 6.9 magnitude earthquake last Tuesday night, Sept. 30. Marcos said on Thursday, Oct. 2, that the OP has donated P180 million to the provincial government of Cebu...
"Ganyan na ba tayo kawalang-hiya ngayon? (Are we really this shameless now?)" This was Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong 's flabbergasted reaction to Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Alfredo Garbin Jr. 's remark regarding Zaldy Co 's resignation. Magalong said this during the hearing of...
The Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) has confirmed sending an invite to former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Zaldy Co in its ongoing probe into anomalous flood control projects, but he has not responded yet. ICI Executive Director Brian Hosaka said Thursday, Oct. 2, that the...
The Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) will consider looking into other infrastructure projects across the country in light of the powerful earthquake that hit Cebu, and left dozens of people dead after they were pinned under collapse structures. "Kung meron man mga impormasyon na...