The Pateros municipal government will start the vaccination of kids aged 5 to 11 years old on Feb. 9. This was announced by Mayor Miguel “Ike” Ponce III during a live broadcast on Facebook on Feb. 8. He said the vaccination site at AMC Gym in Barangay San Roque will be used solely for the...
Nearly 9,800 children aged five to 11 have been vaccinated against COVID-19 during the first day of the inoculation of the said age group, Department of Health (DOH) Usec. Myrna C. Cabotaje bared during a “Laging Handa” briefing on Tuesday, Feb. 8. The government held the pilot COVID-19...
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said that it is not right to compare the infamous Dengvaxia controversy with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination being conducted every single day. Manila Zoo pediatric vaccination (PHOTO COURTESY OF MPIO/ MANILA BULLETIN) "Hindi tama na ating...
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said on Monday, Feb. 7 that the majority of those who have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were unvaccinated. Hospital staff take out a body from an ambulance at a mortuary in New Delhi on May 24, 2021, as India passes more than 300,000 deaths from...
The Department of Health (DOH) reported 6,835 new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases on Monday, Feb. 7. A police officer checks the vaccination cards of passengers at a jeepney stop in Divisoria, Manila on Jan. 14, 2022 in line with the implementation of the Department of Transportation’s “No...
Nothing will prevent the country from de-escalating to the lowest alert level status if coronavirus disease (COVID-19) would continuously decrease, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said on Monday, Feb. 7. A police officer checks the vaccination cards of passengers at a jeepney stop in...
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III clarified on Monday, Feb. 7 that parental consent cannot be replaced when it comes to vaccinating children ages five to 11. (Screenshot from PTV Facebook live / MANILA BULLETIN) He made the statement on the first day of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination...
The Muntinlupa City government has started vaccinating minors aged five to 11 years old on Feb. 7 at two sites. The kids, accompanied by their parents, were vaccinated starting at 8 a.m. at the Laguerta Health Center in Barangay Tunasan and Ospital ng Muntinlupa grounds in Barangay Alabang....
Senator Imee Marcos on Monday, Jan. 7 expressed indignation at a Department of Health (DOH) memorandum that enables the government to dismiss parental consent if a child is willing to be vaccinated “Government cannot usurp parental authority. Parents have the right to decide on the health and...
DOH The Philippines posted 8,361 more coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases on Sunday, Feb. 6. This was the sixth day in a row that the country has recorded below 10,000 cases since it experienced a surge in infections last Januarywhich was driven by the Omicron coronavirus variant. Based on the...
Senator Imee Marcos on Sunday said she is outraged at the Department of Health (DOH) for releasing a memorandum that enables the government to dismiss parental consent if a child is willing to be vaccinated. Marcos reminded the DOH that the government should not and can’t usurp parental...
Senator Nancy Binay on Sunday called on the government to come up with a comprehensive medical waste management plan now that COVID-19 self-test kits have been made commercially available. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Binay noted, has so far approved the use of 116 COVID -19 self test...