Agriculture Secretary William Dar has directed the full implementation of the country's long-overdue National Sardines Management Plan (NSMP), citing declining sardines catch over the years. “We can no longer ignore the critical need to manage our sardine fisheries. This means that all 12...
Coronavirus vaccines have been prepared for distribution at a vaccination site in Manila on May 18, 2021. (Ali Vicoy/Manila Bulletin) The Department of Health (DOH) said it is up to the local government units in areas affected by typhoon Odette if they will offer coronavirus disease (COVID-19)...
DOH The Department of Health (DOH) reported 203 additional cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Sunday, Dec. 19. In its COVID-19 bulletin, the DOH also reported 395 new recoveries and 64 more deaths. The recovery tally increased to 2,777,109 while the death toll was at 50,739, the DOH said....
Almost 3,000 farmers were affected by typhoon "Odette" following the assessment of damages and losses, which, according to the Department of Agriculture (DA), has so far reached an estimated P 127 million worth of agricultural products. In response, DA Sec. William Dar said the department will be...
Officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) have partnered with the Laguna Lake Development Authority (LLDA) for the improvement of both the lower and middle portions of the Marikina River. The agreement, signed by DPWH Undersecretary Emil K. Sadain, also the Chief Implementer...
The Philippines and the United Kingdom (UK) have reaffirmed their enhanced partnership, with officials noting that the relationship between the two countries has been on a "fine trajectory". DFA Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. meets UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) Minister of...
Vials of COVID-19 vaccines. (Keith Bacongco/ File photo/ MANILA BULLETIN) The Department of Health (DOH) said it is checking reports of possible COVID-19 vaccine wastage in areas affected by typhoon Odette. “In terms of the wastage, we are trying to get more reports,” said DOH Undersecretary...
The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), through the Government Emergency Communications System (GECS) project, is set to deploy three mobile operations vehicles for emergency (MOVE) units in disaster hotspots across the country. (Photo from DICT-Caraga) DICT...
Operations at the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) are still suspended "until further notice" due to the damage caused during the onslaught of Typhoon "Odette." Mactan Cebu Airport (FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) "The airport is undergoing damage assessment and debris clean up activities to...
The Philippines wants no part in a new resolution of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to launch an international investigation into alleged abuses in Ethiopia as this will not help improve the situation. Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. (File photo/Malacañang) Foreign...
Malacañang has appointed Atty. John Henry Du Naga as the new privacy commissioner of the National Privacy Commission (NPC), effective December 14, 2021, for a term of three years. National Privacy Commission Incoming Commissioner Naga will succeed Privacy Commissioner Raymund Enriquez Liboro, whom...
DOH The Department of Health (DOH) said it allocated P12.3 million worth of medicines and other supplies needed in areas that were hit by typhoon “Odette.” “Meron po tayong P12.3 million worth of medicines, assorted medical supplies, hygiene kits, and ibang COVID-19 supplies na prepositioned...