​The family of one of the Filipinos killed during Hamas' attack on Israel will be receiving continuing assistance from the Israeli government, the Israeli Embassy in Manila said Monday, Nov. 6. This was announced as Israeli Ambassador to the Philippines Ilan Fluss and Consul Moti Cohen...
BACOLOD CITY – The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) has assured the family of slain overseas Filipino worker (OFW) Loreta Alacre that they will receive all the necessary assistance pursuant to the mandate of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. DMW Undersecretary Hans Leo Cacdac (left) and Mayor...
The earlier anticipated border crossing of Filipinos from Gaza to Egypt was delayed for the second time on Monday (Manila time) due to Hamas' continuing attacks on Israel. "Circumstances keep changing. This is war. But today, 20 [Filipinos] were supposed to leave, but it was suspended due to Hamas...
The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) is expecting the arrival of 64 overseas Filipino workers from Israel this week as part of the government repatriation amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East country. DMW officer-in-charge Undersecretary Hans Leo Cacdac said the first batch is expected...
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go on Monday, November 6 called on the government to expedite its repatriation program for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) as violence escalates in Gaza amid the ongoing confict between Israel and the Hamas group. Go, chairman of the Senate Committee on Health...
BACOLOD CITY – An overseas Filipino worker (OFW) killed in the ongoing war between Hamas and Israel was laid to rest in a public cemetery in Barangay Caduha-an, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental on Sunday, November 5. A Mass was offered to Loreta “Daday” V. Alacre at the Saint Peregrine Parish in...
Israeli Ambassador to the Philippines Ilan Fluss visited the wake of Filipina nurse Angelyn Aguirre, the overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who died alongside her Israeli ward when her village was ambushed by Palestinian militant group Hamas last month. (Photo from Israeli Ambassador to the Philippines...
Senator Christopher “Bong” Go on Sunday, November 5 called on the government to routinely monitor the market prices in light of the escalating Israel-Hamas conflict as it has the potential to negatively impact global prices especially on oil and other well-known commodities. Go is...
BINMALEY, Pangasinan (PNA) – The bereaved family of Angelyn Aguirre, the 32-year-old overseas Filipino worker who was killed while protecting her elderly ward during the Hamas attack in Kibbutz Kfar Aza in Israel on October 7, will receive financial assistance from the governments of the...
MALUNGON, Sarangani – A Filipino nurse from this town who was earlier reported missing after the Israel-Hamas war broke out last month has sought refuge in Egypt. ESGUERRA (center) The family of Regidor Esguerra, 46, who works as a missionary for Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without...
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday, Nov. 4, assured that contingency plans are ready in case the Israel-Hamas conflict escalates and spreads throughout the Middle East Bombing in Gaza (Photo from AFP) Citing DFA Undersecretary Eduardo de Vega, the Presidential Communications...
All Filipinos in war-torn Gaza have been given clearance to leave and cross to Egypt after almost a month of facing uncertainty in the face of Israel's heavy bombardment on the Palestinian territory. Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Undersecretary Eduardo Jose de Vega announced the...