To clear all doubts, vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. finally clarified Saturday night, Jan. 22, that walk-ins are now allowed to get their coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccines in pharmacies and private sector clinics. Economic frontliner Mario Jazul receives his booster shot from nurse Karen...
DOH The Philippines on Sunday, Jan. 23, announced 29,828 more cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Majority of the fresh cases were still detected in the National Capital Region, Calabarzon, and Central Luzon, the Department of Health (DOH) said in its latest case update. So far, the country...
A total of 4, 842,498 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were deployed in Quezon City as of Saturday, Jan. 22. According to the data released by the City Health Department (QCHD) on Saturday, a total of 2,125,226 individuals are fully vaccinated, which is 85.91 percent of its 2.4 million target for both...
Operatives of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) confiscated some P150-million worth of fake COVID-19 antigen test kits, face masks, medicines as well as counterfeit products during a raid in a warehouse on Friday, Jan. 21 in a warehouse in Manila. The operation led to the arrest of the storage owner, a...
Vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. enumerated on Saturday night, Jan. 22, at least three reasons why the vaccination program against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) slowed down in the past few weeks. Sec. Carlito Galvez Jr. (File photo) Galvez said the destruction brought by typhoon “Odette,”...
Coronavirus vaccines have been prepared for distribution at a vaccination site in Manila on May 18, 2021. (Ali Vicoy/Manila Bulletin) The Department of Health (DOH) said “accidents” may occur during the conduct of vaccination. This was the reminder of DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire...
The Social Security System (SSS) urged its members, pensioners, and employers to use its online services amid the rising number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the country. SSS President and CEO Aurora C. Ignacio affirmed that using its online channels during transactions is the...
Active coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in Navotas City dropped to 705 on Friday, Jan. 21, from the 1,012 active cases recorded on Thursday, Jan. 20. According to the city government, there is only a 4.9 percent increase in active cases on Jan. 20 and 21, compared to the five to eight percent...
A health reform advocate pushed for increased coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination in the country while the growth rate is decreasing. (ALI VICOY/ MANILA BULLETIN) Former National Task Force (NTF) against COVID-19 special adviser Dr. Anthony “Tony” Leachon, on Sunday, Jan. 23, said that...
As the country continues to address a surge of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, the government's pandemic task force has ordered for the urgent increase of COVID-19 dedicated beds and manpower and to decongest hospitals of mild and asymptomatic cases. (FILE PHOTO) Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles made...
(DR. GUIDO DAVID / TWITTER) Metro Manila's risk level has been downgraded from "severe outbreak" to "very high," following the steady decline of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the region, based on the internationally-developed Covid Act Now indicators used by OCTA Research Group. In a...
Presidential aspirant Vice President Leni Robredo joined veteran journalist Jessica Soho for GMA News’ presidential interviews where she spoke her mind on key national issues, including the alleged rampant corruption in government, the controversial war on drugs, the government’s pandemic...