With the continuous rise in Covid-19 cases in the country, the Department of Health (DOH) said the country is now seeing the “start of the peak in the number of cases.” DOH UNDERSECRETARY MARIA ROSARIO VERGEIRE (Manila Bulletin File Photo) “Right now, what we are seeing is that the number of...
(JANSEN ROMERO/MANILA BULLETIN) More than 400,000 healthcare workers have already received their respective “One Covid-19 allowance (OCA),” an official of the Department of Health (DOH) said. A total of 526,727 healthcare workers are eligible to receive the OCA, said DOH Undersecretary Leopoldo...
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) in partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and supported by the United States Agency for International Development is set to launch a P24 million worth of Covid-19 vaccine trust and awareness project. (PHILIPPINE RED CROSS...
Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go has raised concern over the impact of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and other crises on the mental health of Filipinos as he reiterated his call for stronger government interventions, particularly on the provision of psychosocial services and support. Go,...
BETTER DAYS Senator Sonny Angara Recently, the Department of Health (DOH) announced that recorded Covid-19 cases have increased by roughly 30 percent between the end of May and mid-June. Such finding was affirmed a few days ago by OCTA Research, who also noted a spike in the positivity rate and the...
There are ways to prevent wastage of Covid-19 vaccines nearing expiry date, said a health reform advocate on Saturday, June 18. (Manila Bulletin File Photo) One of the various ways include the revision of the country’s booster vaccination guidelines, said health reform advocate and former special...
(REUTERS / Feline Lim/ MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO) The daily number of Covid-19 cases in the country could shoot up to 1,200 by the end of this month if the uptick in infections continues, the Department of Health (DOH) warned on Saturday, June 18. “Projections that by the end of June ay maaari...
Outgoing Taguig Mayor Lino Cayetano said he is supporting the decision of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases to place the whole National Capital Region (NCR) under Alert Level 1 amid a slight increase in Covid-19 cases. On June 14, the IATF signed...
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) is verifying reports of Covid-19 infections involving evacuees in Sorsogon in the aftermath of the phreatic eruption of Bulusan Volcano earlier this month. Situation in Juban town after the phreatic eruption of Bulusan Volcano on...
(UNSPLASH / MANILA BULLETIN) The government is targeting to start administering Covid-19 vaccine booster shots to immunocompromised children aged 12 to 17 next week, an official of the Department of Health (DOH) said. "We are looking at mid-next week to start with immunocompromised," said Health...
(GUIDO DAVID / TWITTER) New Covid-19 infections in Metro Manila rose by 71 percent over the past week, the OCTA Research Group said on Saturday, June 18. In an update shared on Twitter, OCTA fellow Dr. Guido David said that Metro Manila averaged 176 cases daily during the June 11 to 17 monitoring...
DOH The Department of Health (DOH) urged the public to remain vigilant amid an uptick in new Covid-19 cases in Metro Manila. While the Covid-19 situation in Metro Manila is not yet alarming, this does not warrant the public to put their guards down, said Health Secretary Francisco Duque III during...