A part of a century-old building’s canopy collapsed along Kalentong Street in Daang Bakal, Mandaluyong City on Sunday, Aug. 16. The Mandaluyong City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office said that the structure involved is a privately owned building that had previously been condemned by...
Swiss cement giant Holcim Group has agreed to sell its Philippine operations to Chinese firm Huaxin Building Materials Co. in a multi-stage transaction valuing the unit at $807 million. Under the terms of the agreement, Zug-based Holcim said that it will initially sell a 67.623 percent controlling...
Surigao del Sur 1st district Rep. Romeo Momo Sr. was among the handful of House members whose "SONA wish" got fulfilled. For this reason, Momo expressed his gratitude to President Marcos on Wednesday, July 29 for acknowledging the urgent need to amend the obsolete Philippine Building Code. “We...
President Marcos ' recent State of the Nation Address (SONA) tickled the fancy of Bulacan 6th district Rep. Salvador Pleyto not as a legislator, but as an engineer by profession. "It was a comprehensive record of accomplishments and the President’s concrete plans for the remainder of his...
The chairman of the House Committee on Public Works and Highways is prodding President Marcos to announce in his fifth State of the Nation Address (SONA) the inclusion of the New Philippine Building Act (PBA) in his list of priority measures. “We appeal to His Excellency to certify as urgent the...
The Quezon City government is investigating an electrocution incident that claimed the lives of three individuals inside an apartment in Barangay Pinyahan on Friday, July 10. The local government said it is coordinating with the Quezon City Department of Building Official (DBO) and the Quezon City...
A 31-year-old man was arrested on Sunday, July 5, after police caught him allegedly stealing scrap metal from a commercial building in Barangay Talipapa, Quezon City, where his group had carted off more than P6.27 million worth of items. The suspect, identified only as “Raymart,” was caught by...
A 25-year-old building caretaker was pinned to death by an elevator in Balut, Tondo, Manila, on Thursday, July 2. Police identified the victim as alias “Jhon,” caretaker of a building at the corner of Rodriguez and Nepa Streets in Barangay 141. According to the Raxabago Police Station, the...
The Quezon City government has supported calls for a thorough investigation into the fire that struck a condominium in Eastwood City on June 18, which affected tenants, unit owners, and their families. Local officials said the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Quezon City Police District (QCPD),...
A fire broke out at a condominium in Barangay Bagumbayan, Quezon City, on Thursday morning, June 18, trapping about 20 residents before all were safely rescued. The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said the blaze started at 6:53 a.m. as a rubbish fire and escalated to third alarm as thick smoke...
The Angeles City government has formed a task force to investigate the recent building collapse here. Mayor Carmelo Lazatin II issued Executive Order No. 26 creating the Angeles City Fact-Finding and Investigation Task Force to conduct a thorough, impartial, and comprehensive inquiry over the...
Parañaque City 2nd district Rep. Brian Raymund Yamsuan has welcomed Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary Sonny Angara 's directive for the conduct of structural inspections on schools affected by the magnitude 7.8 earthquake that recently struck Mindanao. The June 8 earthquake damaged...