DAVAO CITY – The Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council-Davao (RDRRMC-11) reported Tuesday that four people died and 23 others were injured in the region following the magnitude-7.8 earthquake that struck Mindanao the previous day. In a bulletin, RDRRMC-11 said the quake affected...
DAVAO CITY – Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Vince Dizon on Tuesday assured that the Bucana Bridge here has sustained only minor damage and is passable and safe for motorists. Damage to the bridge was visible after the 7.8-magnitude earthquake that hit Mindanao on Monday....
DAVAO CITY – Mayor Jason John Joyce of Jose Abad Santos (JAS) town in Davao Occidental, one of the towns in the Davao region affected by Monday’s earthquake, has appealed for additional tents as among their urgent needs, saying that many of his constituents are expected to spend the night...
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Monday, June 8, announced the temporary suspension of operations in five of its Consular Offices in Mindanao following the powerful magnitude 7.8 earthquake that struck off the coast of Sarangani earlier in the day. In an advisory, the DFA 's Office...
DAVAO CITY – A powerful earthquake spoiled the opening of classes in most parts of Mindanao on Monday, June 8. The magnitude-7.8 earthquake struck while many schools were holding convocation programs. Several videos from students and teachers circulated in social media showing that most of the...
Malacañang has condemned the trash-dumping incident outside the office of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in Davao City, calling it a "blatant disrespect of law." Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro even called it "trash behavior." Castro...
DAVAO CITY — The Davao City government suspended classes on all levels and work in local and national government offices on Monday, June 8, following a strong earthquake that struck some parts of Mindanao. The city government 's advisory said the suspension, which took...
The E nvironmental Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR-EMB) denounced the dumping of garbage outside the department 's regional office in Davao City, saying it violated environmental laws and undermined efforts to rehabilitate the city’s...
DAVAO CITY – Davao government officials, tourism stakeholders, and diplomats formally opened the 33rd Philippine Travel Agencies Association Travel Tour Expo and the 11th International Travel Trade Expo at SMX Convention Center in Davao City on Friday morning, June 5, marking the start of the...
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region XI on Friday, June 5, denied claims that President Marcos ordered the suspension of operations at the Davao City Sanitary Landfill (SLF), saying the decision was made at the regional level following a deadly trash-slide incident....
DAVAO CITY – The dispute over the closure of the New Carmen Sanitary Landfill here escalated on Thursday, June 5, after piles of garbage were dumped outside the Department of Environment and Natural Resources–11 office to stress its effects on garbage collection services across the city. The...
Eight individuals were arrested while an estimated P22.5 million worth of smuggled cigarettes was confiscated during an anti-smuggling operation conducted by the Philippine National Police in Carmen, Davao del Norte on Thursday, June 4. Personnel of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group...