President Marcos said the country is facing a serious garbage problem but rejected describing the situation as a “garbage crisis,” while stressing that tougher penalties for littering must be matched by adequate waste disposal facilities. In an interview during the inspection of clearing and...
President Marcos is proposing a P7.2-trillion national budget for 2027 that puts education and infrastructure among the administration’s biggest priorities, alongside major allocations for healthcare, social protection, agriculture, labor, and digitalization. Based on the President’s budget...
President Marcos has pushed for the continued implementation of the government 's waste-to-energy program and has appealed to local governments and Filipinos to properly dispose of their garbage, saying that waste dumped into waterways has worsened flooding in parts of Metro Manila. Speaking...
President Marcos has extended his condolences to the government and people of Colombia following the 7.4-magnitude earthquake that struck the country, leaving at least 132 people dead. In a social media post on Tuesday, Aug. 11, Marcos expressed the Philippines’ solidarity with Colombia as it...
Malacañang has hit attempts to take credit for the People’s Ville housing project in Davao City, presenting proof that it was an initiative planned and implemented under President Marcos. In a Palace briefing on Tuesday, Aug. 11, Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire...
President Marcos told Lieutenant General Donald Gumiran, the new commanding general of the Philippine Army, to preserve the Army 's strong sense of duty and keep faith with the country 's soldiers. "Continue the mission, preserve the Army’s strong sense of duty and keep faith with our...
Malacañang said President Marcos will need to review the proposal to extend the terms of barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan officials before he can take a stand. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said the President cannot agree or disagree without studying the...
President Marcos said dredging operations across major rivers, esteros, and drainage networks in Metro Manila have been effective so far, but noted that more needs to be done. During his inspection of the high-vacuum self-priming drainage trailer pump in Barangay Zapote, Las Piñas City, on...
Newly appointed Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Dr. Edwin Mercado said on Tuesday, Aug. 11, that his immediate priority is to ensure that the agency is fully aligned and ready to carry out President Marcos’ directives. “The President’s directives are clear, and our immediate priority is...
The proposed P7.2-trillion national budget for next year represents a prudent and forward-looking investment aimed at sustaining the country 's economic growth, President Marcos said. In his budget message, Marcos said the proposed 2027 National Expenditure Program (NEP), which was submitted...
President Marcos has appointed acting PhilHealth President and chief executive officer (CEO), Edwin Mercado, as the new Secretary of the Department of Health (DOH). Mercado will replace outgoing Health chief Jose Pujalte, Jr., who was appointed by Marcos in July. The appointment of Mercado came...
The government will formally submit to Congress on Tuesday, Aug. 11, the proposed P7.2-trillion National Expenditure Program (NEP) for 2027, setting in motion the next stage of the national budget process, Malacañang said Monday. Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire...