President Marcos has received the copy of the proposed national budget for next year, amounting to P6.793 trillion. Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Secretary Amenah Pangandaman officially turned over the Fiscal Year 2026 National Expenditure Program to Marcos on Tuesday, Aug. 12, in a...
The Senate is unanimously supporting the House of Representatives call to open bicameral conference committee meetings during the crafting of the national budget. Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian, chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance, said the Senate has unanimously signed and filed Senate...
Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson has vowed to work with Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian to ensure transparency in the budget process as deliberations on the P6.793-trillion draws near. This, after Gatchalian, who now chairs the Senate Committee on Finance, vowed to ensure transparency in the...
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is targeting to more than double its budget to nearly ₱200 billion in 2026 to fund the administration’s big-ticket transportation projects after last year’s massive cut. Transportation Secretary Vince Dizon said he is seeking a budget of about ₱197...
In order to dispel criticisms and lingering questions, the Senate will ensure that the entire budget process would be posted on the government’s website and made available for public scrutiny. Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian, who now chairs the Senate Committee on Finance, pointed this out saying the...
President Marcos said he is prepared to reject and even reenact the national budget if Congress insists on fund realignments that undermine his administration’s priorities. In the third episode of his podcast released on Monday evening, Aug. 4, the President warned that some reallocations have...
Senate President Francis “Chiz” G. Escudero on Monday, August 4 filed a bill seeking to disqualify public officials and their relatives, up to fourth civil degree, from entering into government contracts. In filing Senate Bill No. 783, Escudero said he is confident this will sharpen the...
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is seeking a P5 billion allocation under the proposed 2026 national budget for the implementation of a large-scale dredging and desilting program in heavily silted rivers and waterways nationwide. DPWH Secretary Manuel Bonoan said the program will...
President Marcos is open to changes in the proposed 2026 national budget as long as they are justifiable and not intended to misuse public funds, Malacañang said amid early tensions with Congress over his warning against questionable insertions. Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro...
President Marcos’ fourth State of the Nation Address (SONA) at the Batasang Pambansa Complex on Monday, July 28, received 124 rounds of applause and two standing ovations, when he declared war against those who profited from the failed flood control projects in the country. This was comparable...
President Marcos has warned Congress that he will reject the proposed 2026 national budget if it deviates from the government’s national expenditure program (NEP), even at the risk of operating under a reenacted budget. Marcos said this following a scathing critique of corruption and...
Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson on Sunday, July 27 said he is confident there are still other venues where senators can inquire about the evidence in the impeachment case filed against Vice President Sara Duterte. One such forum to take up the controversy surrounding Duterte’s use of...