KIDAPAWAN CITY – The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office in Cotabato province has tapped barangay-based responders for emergencies. PDRRMO acting chief Abril Espadera said that the province has organized barangay-based responder units to serve as front liners in times of...
San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora on Wednesday, Oct. 15, announced that the city government had already distributed 12,500 Emergency Go Bags to its residents as the city continues to prepare for calamities and disasters, particularly the long-anticipated "The Big One" earthquake. Zamora said that...
After responding to three typhoons and eight earthquakes in recent months, the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) on Tuesday, October 14, said it continues to work tirelessly on the frontlines of disaster relief — this time extending urgent aid to communities struck by the recent “doublet...
The Department of Education (DepEd) is ramping up its earthquake preparedness efforts through specialized training programs and the proposed establishment of a DepEd Command Center, in partnership with the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs). In the wake of recent...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Tuesday, Oct. 14, presented the designated quadrants and hospitals across Metro Manila that will lead the government’s emergency health response should a major earthquake, referred to as “The Big One”, strike the National Capital Region (NCR). In recent...
Mandaluyong City Mayor Menchie Abalos ordered the immediate distribution of Emergency Go Bags to residents as part of the city 's preparation and readiness for disasters and calamities, particularly the "The Big One." Abalos said the city government started giving Emergency Go Bags in 2022...
The Department of Health (DOH) clarified that the two-day suspension of in-person classes in all public schools in the National Capital Region (NCR) was primarily a precautionary measure for earthquake preparedness, not because of a flu outbreak. DOH spokesperson Assistant Secretary Albert Domingo...
The Department of Education (DepEd) on Monday, October 13, said it has intensified efforts to repair damaged schools and restore learning in areas affected by the recent 7.4-magnitude earthquake in Mindanao. DepEd Secretary Sonny Angara and President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. visited Davao Oriental...
The Department of Education (DepEd) on Monday, October 13, clarified that preventive class suspensions are part of its proactive measures to safeguard students, teachers, and personnel during disaster preparedness activities and health safety initiatives. In a public statement released by Chief...
The Pasig City government on Monday, Oct. 13, proudly presented its newly purchased mobile kitchen and emergency cabinets as part of its Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) procurement plan for 2025, aiming to ensure the city 's preparedness against disasters and calamities. The...
San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora urged all local governments in the country to prepare for disasters and calamities as the Philippines continues to experience strong earthquakes in succession in the past weeks. Zamora made the call on Monday, Oct. 13, as he underscored the importance of...
Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso has assured that the city government has adequate facilities, professionals, and capacity in terms of transportation, medicines, and supplies in case the "Big One" strikes. "So, sa facility, meron, professionals, meron, capacity in terms of transport,...