CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Health authorities say there is a new Ebola outbreak in the Central African country of Congo, with more than 300 suspected cases and at least 88 deaths. Cases have also been reported in neighboring Uganda. The outbreak was declared a public health emergency of...
The Department of Health (DOH) said on Sunday, May 17, that it is actively coordinating with the World Health Organization (WHO) following the declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) linked to the Bundibugyo strain of the Ebola virus in parts of Africa. In a...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — The World Health Organization declared Sunday the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. Africa 's top public health body first confirmed a new Ebola outbreak in Congo 's Ituri province on Friday. By...
PARIS (AP) — France 's Pasteur Institute said it has fully sequenced the Andes virus detected in a French passenger from the MV Hondius cruise ship and found that it matched viruses already known in South America, with no evidence so far of new characteristics that would make it more...
ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the Ebola disease outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern on Sunday after more than 300 suspected cases and 88 deaths. In a post on X, the World Health Organization said the...
PRAIA, Cape Verde (AP) — Footage obtained by The Associated Press of a cruise ship at the center of a rare-virus outbreak shows deserted decks and gathering areas, medical teams in protective gear, and a still landscape ahead as the vessel and its nearly 150 passengers and crew waited another...
Last week, several Asian countries tightened their screening procedures for incoming travelers following reports of a Nipah virus outbreak in West Bengal, India. According to the briefings, there are at least two confirmed cases (not five, as earlier reported), along with nearly 200 close contacts...
No inbound traveler with Nipah virus has so far been intercepted at Philippine airports and seaports, the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) said on Saturday, Jan. 31. BOQ Officer-in-Charge Director Dr. Roberto Salvador Jr. said screening has been in place since the issue emerged, including for passengers...
As the global concern over the Nipah virus continue to rise, Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero urged the country’s health and border officials to maintain strict vigilance and ensure that preparedness systems remain fully operational, even thought current health advisories place the Philippines...
President Marcos has ordered the Department of Health (DOH) to intensify its surveillance against the Nipah virus amid growing concerns over the disease, Malacañang said. “Patuloy na nakatutok at nagbabantay ang Bureau of Quarantine ng DOH sa Nipah virus na napabalitang na-detect muli sa ibang...
The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday, Jan. 28 said it is closely monitoring the spread of Nipah virus abroad and is coordinating with Philippine airport authorities as part of its routine surveillance measures. “Handa ang ating DOH para sa Nipah virus at iba pang sakit) Our DOH is prepared...
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — Congo on Monday announced the end of an Ebola outbreak that killed 43 people in one of the country 's southern provinces, with authorities saying no new confirmed cases had been reported in the past 45 days. Health Minister Roger Kamba said the 43 deaths were among 53...