The Davao City Sanitary Landfill is now facing possible suspension after a trash slide on May 20 left one person dead, two injured, and two others missing, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) said. The DENR said it has pushed the local government to accelerate...
Japanese disaster response experts have approved the fire-control measures being implemented at at the old Navotas landfill, following an on-site inspection on Friday, April 24. The seven-member Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Expert Team, deployed by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)...
Haze has persisted over parts of Metro Manila and nearby provinces in recent days following a fire at the Navotas Sanitary Landfill that started on April 10. Based on the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s (PAGASA) observations, haze has been more...
The Navotas City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO) will begin soil-cover operations on Monday, April 13, to block oxygen and suppress the underground fire at the closed Navotas Sanitary Landfill Facility. The blaze remains contained but continues to smolder beneath the surface....
Thick smoke from the ongoing fire at the Navotas Sanitary Landfill spread across parts of Metro Manila on Saturday, April 11, as the blaze continued to emit smoke and affected air quality in several areas. The fire, which broke out around 8 p.m. on April 10, continued to send smoke across multiple...
Authorities confirmed Saturday morning, April 11, that the blaze at the Navotas Sanitary Landfill had been brought under control, though suppression operations remain ongoing despite difficult access to the site. Firefighters contained the fire at an inactive waste disposal facility in Barangay...
A fire broke out at the Navotas Sanitary Landfill in Barangay Tanza, Navotas City on Friday night, Apr. 10, and remains ongoing as of this writing. The Navotas City Fire Station said the blaze started at around 7:59 p.m. and has yet to be contained. Authorities said the landfill, located on an...
Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary Francisco Tiu Laurel is warning consumers against buying imported white onions, following the recent seizure of smuggled onions that tested positive for salmonella and heavy metals. "If possible, please don’t buy imported onions because they may be...
SAN FERNANDO CITY, La Union – This province achieved full sanitary landfill coverage after the last two municipalities opened their dumpsites recently. The provincial government led by Gov. Raphaelle Veronica “Rafy” Ortega-David inaugurated the sanitary landfills of Burgos and...
The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) downplayed concerns about a looming garbage crisis in Central Luzon once the contract for the Kalangitan sanitary landfill's operations in Capas, Tarlac ended. In a statement on Monday, June 10, Delfin N. Lorenzana, BCDA chairman stated...
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The city government is hounded by the issue of heaps of garbage on the main road going to the sanitary landfill in Barangay Pagalungan here. But the city government said that these are recyclable materials from junk shops. A GARBAGE truck arrives at the sanitary landfill in...
Six graduates from the National University (NU)-Manila entered the top 10 highest places of the January 2023 Sanitary Engineer Licensure Examination and was also hailed as the board exam's top-performing school. Courtesy of National University (Website) This was announced by the Professional...