The Department of Health (DOH) reported on Monday, Dec. 26 additional 15 fireworks-related injuries bringing the current tally to 20. DOH According to DOH, this is the same number of injuries recorded by the agency during the same period in 2021. Case reports were lifted from 61 sentinel hospitals...
The local government units of Caloocan and Navotas Cities reminded on Monday, Dec. 26, the residents of the prohibition and regulation on the usage of firecrackers and fireworks for a safe celebration of the New Year. “Para po manatiling ligtas ang pagsalubong ng Bagong Taon, bawal po ang...
BUSINESS TALK By PCCI CHAIRMAN WILLIAM S. CO As we welcome 2023, I wish our country would achieve economic transformation towards inclusive and sustainable growth. Among the top priorities are Food Security and Infrastructure. The Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) supports Micro,...
By DIANN IVY CALUCIN Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte issued on Saturday, Dec. 24, Executive Order No. 54, S-2022, that prohibits private households from using firecrackers and holding their own fireworks displays. "Private households are hereby prohibited from using firecrackers and staging their...
The Bureau of Fire Protection reminded the people in Amulung, Cagayan to stay safe by avoiding firecrackers this holiday season, particularly during the New Year’s Eve revelry. The BFP-Amulung conducted the fire safety campaign ‘’Oplan Paalala: Iwas Paputok 2022’’ and deployed...
The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) on Friday, Dec. 23, issued the list of certified fireworks that the public should buy, and strongly reminded consumers to avoid fireworks that have no “PS” or the Philippine Standard mark. The DTI listed 14 certified fireworks brand to guide consumers....
LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – The Bicol region has logged its first fireworks-related injury this holiday season. The Department of Health (DOH)-Bicol said in the latest Firework-Related Injury (FWRI) surveillance bulletin on Friday morning, Dec. 23, that the victim was a boy less than five-years-old...
President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. on Thursday encouraged heads of local government units (LGUs) to organize fireworks display and set up a common viewing area for their constituents this holiday season. Speaking at a chance interview in Manila, Marcos said LGU officials must do this so...
Senior Deputy Speaker and former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's wish for Filipinos this holiday season is for them to "never lose sight of the lessons of Christmas" amid their many problems. Senior Deputy Speaker and Pampanga 2nd district Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo "My husband, Mike, and I...
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC)'s RC143 volunteers are on full alert and standby in case of emergencies and hazards during the holiday celebrations. Courtesy of Philippine Red Cross This was said by PRC in a statement on Tuesday, Dec. 20. The RC143 volunteers from 102 chapters nationwide were...
Gen. Rodolfo Azurin, Jr., chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), has ordered all chiefs of police and unit commanders to strictly enforce the existing laws against prohibited and regulated firecrackers and pyrotechnic materials. In a statement, Azurin said there is a need to ensure that the...
(PULSE ASIA RESEARCH INC.) Almost the same percentages of Filipino families said their holiday celebration this year will be “more prosperous than last year” or “just as prosperous as what they had a year ago,” according to the results of the Pulse Asia “Ulat ng Bayan” survey, which was...