The Philippine National Police (PNP) does not want to do a lot of talking in dealing with communist rebels and instead vowed to sustain intensified operations to permanently dismantle their remaining operational units. PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio C. Nartatez, Jr. said the police organization...
BACOLOD CITY – Defense Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. lauded local government officials of Negros Occidental led by Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson for the province’s initiatives to address insurgency. On Saturday, Teodoro met Lacson and other Negrense officials at the Provincial Capitol here ahead of...
Department of National Defense (DND) Secretary Gilberto Teodoro Jr. on Saturday, May 23, challenged groups claiming that civilians were among the 19 people killed in the controversial military operation in Toboso, Negros Occidental last month, saying the allegations were based on “hearsay” and...
BACOLOD CITY – The Police Regional Office-Negros Island Region (PRO-NIR) is concentrating on the forensic examination of evidence recovered from the April 19 encounter in Barangay Salamanca, Toboso, Negros Occidental, where 19 people, including two foreigners and three minors, were killed. During...
BACOLOD CITY – A 38-year-old former member of the Rebolusyonaryong Partidong Manggagawa ng Pilipinas/Revolutionary Proletarian Army/Alex Boncayao Brigade (RPA-ABB) was shot dead in Purok Vanda, Barangay Santol, Binalbagan, Negros Occidental on Tuesday, May 19. Police said that the victim Joseph...
BACOLOD CITY – The municipal government of Cauayan in Negros Occidental and the 15th Infantry Battalion (IB) have formally turned over the remains of four New People’s Army (NPA) rebels killed in an encounter in the town on May 16. Rev. Fr. Philip Palacios prayed and blessed the bodies of the...
BACOLOD CITY – The National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) announced on Tuesday, May 19, that the family of Vince Francis Dingding, who was killed in an encounter between the military and the New People’s Army (NPA) in Cauayan, Negros Occidental, on May 16, would...
BACOLOD CITY – Mayor John Rey Tabujara urged residents of Cauayan, Negros Occidental to remain calm and vigilant in the aftermath of encounters where five New People’s Army (NPA) were killed in Barangays Abaca and Poblacion on Saturday, May 16. Tabujara asked the people of Cauayan to cooperate...
BACOLOD CITY – Two high-ranking leaders of the New People’s Army (NPA) were among the five fatalities in the series of encounters with the Army 15th Infantry Battalion (IB) in Barangay Abaca and Poblacion, Cauayan, Negros Occidental on Saturday, May 16. Brig. Gen. Jason Jumawan, commander of...
The Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity (OPAPRU) turned over P11.7 million in socio-economic assistance to former rebel-led people’s organizations (POs) in Soccsksargen (Region 12), advancing its localized Transformation Program in non-Bangsamoro Autonomous...
BUTUAN CITY – Four New People’s Army (NPA) rebels surrendered in the Caraga region over the weekend. Lt. Col. Joe Patrick A. Martinez Jr., 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division Public Affairs Office (PAO) chief, said they yielded to the 401st Infantry Brigade following the recent death of a...
BACOLOD CITY – Five New People’s Army (NPA) rebels were killed in an encounter with the 15th Infantry Battalion (IB) in Barangay Abaca, Cauayan, Negros Occidental on Saturday, May 16. Brig. Gen. Jason Jumawan, commander of the 302nd Infantry Brigade (IBde), said that the NPA fired at soldiers...