CAVITE – Gov. Jonvic Remulla said that 96.4 percent of active coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the province are mild or asymptomatic as he reiterated his opposition to the imposition of any form of lockdown. Cavite currently has the most number of active COVID-19 cases in Calabarzon...
Vice presidential aspirant Senator Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan on Sunday confirmed that he too tested positive for COVID-19 and is now in isolation. Pangilinan said he too was surprised when he got the results of his twice- weekly routine RT-PCR test on Saturday evening. “Surprised because I...
NEW DELHI, India – India Sunday reported 159,632 new COVID-19 cases, which is over a five-fold increase since the beginning of the new year. On Jan. 1, the total number of new cases was only 27,553. The virus continues to spread at an unprecedented pace, largely driven by the highly...
NEW DELHI, India -- Over 400 Indian parliament staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, local media reports said Sunday. According to officials, the employees were subjected to random testing from Tuesday to Saturday, and most of the infected cases were found to be asymptomatic, reports...
JERUSALEM, Israel -- Some 250,000 Israelis have received the fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine since the country began offering it to the elders and medical personnel a week ago, the prime minister said on Sunday. "Almost a quarter of a million people have been vaccinated with the fourth...
The Quezon City local government on Sunday, Jan. 9 announced that they have opened the booking of appointment for COVID-19 booster shots for individuals aged 12-17. According to the Facebook post of the city government, booster shots will be given to individuals who received their second dose 3...
Following the massive surge of coronavirus disease after the holiday season, Pasig City has logged nearly 2,000 active COVID-19 cases as of Sunday, Jan. 9. Exactly 1,869 cases were recorded in the city, the local government announced. (ALI VICOY/ MANILA BULLETIN) This is a weekend increase of 787...
The Muntinlupa City Health Office (CHO) announced that walk-ins will not be allowed at vaccination sites from Jan. 10 to 12 due to the three-day inoculation of minors amid a reduced workforce due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The Department of Health (DOH) will hold the vaccination of...
The government's pandemic task force has ordered the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 to implement an increase in the availability of bed capacity in the National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal (NCR-plus) as the country continues to experience a spike in coronavirus...
All the coronavirus disease vaccines that were damaged in areas hit by typhoon “Odette” last month will be replaced by the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19, a government official assured Sunday, Jan. 9. A total of 2,703,870 doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine arrive at NAIA Terminal 2 on...
Makati CBD skyline The Philippines logged another record daily high in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases as 28,707 new infections were confirmed on Sunday, Jan. 9. Sunday’s new cases surpassed the previous record-high which was only logged on Saturday, Jan. 8, when 26,458 cases were reported....
As the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continue to rise in the country, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has deployed some of its personnel in Metro Manila to assist in the swab testing of people suspected to be carrying the deadly virus. A member of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Task Group...