ft.com Around 780,000 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine doses for children aged five to 11-years-old are set to arrive in the Philippines on Thursday, Feb. 3, the Department of Health (DOH) said. The initial Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine delivery is in time for the rollout of the COVID-19...
A fact-checking initiative headed by journalism veterans showed on Wednesday, Feb. 2, that presidential aspirant Vice President Leni Robredo is the “biggest victim” of fake news. Another significant finding is that among her rivals, former Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr., appears to be the...
The Philippines has registered its highest mortality rate in 63 years in 2021, with more than 760,000 deaths recorded mostly due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and heart attacks, the Commission on Population and Development (POPCOM) said. (FILE PHOTO) Citing data from the Philippine Statistics...
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) highlighted the need for the country to do its own research and development on vaccines, the head of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) said Wednesday, Feb. 2. (Unsplash) During the Laging Handa briefing, DOST Secretary Fortunato "Boy" de la Peña...
The first batch of the Pfizer coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine that will be used for the inoculation of children aged five to 11 years old will finally arrive on Thursday, Feb. 3. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE-- Street children are seen playing along Lacson Ave. Sampaloc, Manila on Aug. 30, 2021. (File...
Senator Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao on Wednesday threw his support to the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee’s partial report on its investigation into the government’s alleged anomalous procurement of COVID-19 pandemic supplies. Pacquiao personally joined Sen. Richard Gordon’s online press...
Las Pinas City Mayor Imelda Aguilar announced that the City Health Office (CHO) had already recorded a total of 9,188 registrants for the “Bakunahan sa Kabataan” for children 5 to 11 years old. Aguilar said the 9,188 recorded registrants prove that parents are eager to have their children get...
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III (Malacañang photo) Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Francisco Duque III maintained on Wednesday, Feb. 2, that his agency was not involved in the purchase of supplies related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. In a statement, Duque said that the...
The most vulnerable families in Southern Leyte who were affected by Typhoon Odette continue to receive aid from the Philippine Red Cross (PRC), the humanitarian organization said on Wednesday, Feb. 2. (Photo from Philippine Red Cross / MANILA BULLETIN) PRC said that it still provides aid through...
The Paranaque City government announced that the launching of Bakunahan Para Sa YO (younger ones) aged 5 to 11 years old on Feb. 4 was moved to Feb. 7. According to Mayor Edwin Olivarez, the launching of “Bakunahan Para Sa Yo” was moved due to unexpected delays in vaccine delivery from the...
Former-Vice President and senatorial aspirant Jejomar Binay urged the national government on Wednesday, Feb. 2, to step-up and be prepared to assist hospitals and other medical facilities in areas that are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases. Binay aired his concern as the country continues to...
(DR. GUIDO DAVID / TWITTER) Four highly-urbanized cities in the Visayas remained at "very high risk" for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) despite the decreasing number of cases in these areas, the OCTA Research Group said in its monitoring on Wednesday, Feb. 2. OCTA fellow Dr. Guido David said that...