3 teens kill woman for 3 packs of shabu, P5,000 in Cebu City
THE firearm allegedly used in the fatal shooting of a woman in Barangay Calamba, Cebu City.(Contributed photo)
CEBU CITY – For three packs of shabu and P5,000 cash, three teenagers agreed to gun down a woman in Barangay Calamba here.
This was the admission of the assailants who were arrested less than 24 hours after the gun attack happened past 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 21.
Two of the culprits were aged 16 while the other one is 18.
First to fall was the 18-year-old, who allegedly served as a lookout.
Seized during the arrest past 9 a.m. on Friday, May 22, was a .45 caliber pistol allegedly used in the crime.
The victim’s cellphone was also recovered from the assailants, said Police Col. George Ylanan, chief of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO).
Police were able to identify the assailants through security camera footage that captured the attack.
After the arrest of the 18-year-old, another lookout was arrested before the gunman was cornered, said Ylanan.
Ylanan said the gunman was previously committed to the Operation Second Chance, a facility that houses children in conflict with the law.
Ylanan said that in the footage, the victim, who is still unidentified, slumped on the ground after she was shot.
The gunman approached her and tried to fire more shots but the gun malfunctioned. The assailant was seen hitting the victim’s head with the handle of the firearm before escaping.
Ylanan said the attack may have something to do with illegal drug transactions.
According to one of the lookouts, they were hired by alias Manoy to carry out the crime.
The lookout said that they were told that the victim owed P680,000 worth of shabu to Manoy.
The lookout said they were promised P5,000 and three packs of shabu if they are able to successfully carry out the task.
Ylanan said investigators have determined the real identity of Manoy. He added a deeper investigation will be conducted as police suspect that the attack had something to do with a major illegal drug activity.
Ylanan said murder charges will be filed against the culprit while coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and Development was made in connection with the involvement of the two 16-year-old assailants.