CEBU CITY-A 39-year-old man died in a shooting incident here early morning Tuesday, Aug. 18. Police identified the fatality as a certain Paolo, who was attacked by two unidentified assailants in Barangay Sambag 2 around 2:50 a.m. Police said the victim was smoking a cigarette by the road when two...
CEBU CITY–Lawyer and former congressman Pablo John "PJ" Garcia is pushing for what he described as the most honest form of dole-out. The former Cebu 3rd District representative is advocating a tax rollback in the province, saying lowering taxes is more far-reaching than traditional dole-outs...
CEBU CITY–Close to P10 million worth of suspected shabu was seized from a construction worker in Barangay Pardo here. The 30-year-old suspect, a certain John, yielded 27 packs of suspected shabu when he was arrested in a buy-bust operation past 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 13, said Philippine Drug...
CEBU CITY–The human head that was recovered from a grassy area in Talisay City, Cebu last July 11 belonged to the woman who had been reported missing for more than a month. This was disclosed by Talisay City Police Station Chief Lt. Col. Homobuno Sayon, who said DNA samples taken from the...
CEBU CITY – A member of the Cebu City council is facing criminal and administrative complaints for alleged estafa and extortion. A criminal complaint was filed against Cebu City Councilor Jose Lorenzo Abellanosa before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office. Jose Marcelo R. Bumanglag and Maria...
CEBU CITY – Delays in the issuance of licenses to sell (LTS) are slowing housing production, delaying investments, and taking a toll on the Philippine economy, real estate industry players warned. The Accredited Real Estate Salespersons of the Philippines (ABREP) urged the government to resolve...
CEBU CITY – Suspected shabu valued at P6.8 million was seized from a habal-habal driver in Barangay Guadalupe here. The 25-year-old suspect, a certain Ryan, was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Central Visayas (PDEA-7) and Cebu City Police...
CEBU CITY – Two Grade 7 students will undergo an intervention program after they figured in a fistfight near a parish church here on July 29. Police Lt. Col. Franco Rodulf Oriol, deputy city director for administration of the Cebu City Police Office, said the fistfight that has gone viral...
CEBU CITY – Stricter measures have been ordered to prevent the spread of the highly contagious African Swine Fever (ASF) here. Mayor Nestor Archival ordered intensified border inspections, expanded disease surveillance, and cooperation from stakeholders to prevent the spread of the disease. The...
CEBU CITY – Classes were suspended while work at local government units (LGUs) ended early after Metro Cebu was flooded anew on Friday, July 31. The suspension came after Yellow Heavy Rainfall Warning was raised over Consolacion, Liloan, Compostela, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City,...
CEBU CITY – Authorities here called for vigilance after dengue cases went up in the first seven months of the year. Data from the Cebu City Health Department (CCHD) showed that 1,228 dengue cases and 10 deaths were recorded from Jan. 1 to July 18, 12.35 percent higher compared to the same period...
CEBU CITY – Five individuals received cash incentives under the “Operation: Private Eye” (OPE) program of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA). A total of P769,982.86 were awarded to the recipients, whose information provided to authorities led to successful anti-illegal drug...