Entire Filipino people 'angry' at kidnapping of FPRRD — VP Sara
Vice President Sara Duterte said Wednesday, March 11, that it is not only Davaoeños but also the entire Filipino people who are "angry" at the supposed kidnapping of her father, former president Rodrigo Duterte, who is now in detention at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
She said it's "unthinkable that a government, no matter the political differences with the administration, would send a citizen to a foreign jurisdiction to be detained and tried for crimes against humanity."
In an ambush interview during the commemoration of the former leader's first year behind bars, Duterte said these charges "have no bases and no valid witnesses."
"So, galit ang mga tao. Isang taon na sila galit at hindi huhupa ‘yung galit hanggang hindi mabalik dito sa Pilipinas si dating Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte (So people are really angry. They've been angry for a year now, and their anger wouldn't subside until former president Duterte's return)," the Vice President said.
Duterte said she and her father's counsel had also agreed to take the opportunity whenever there would be a chance to appeal for the former president's interim release.
"Kahit pa man ide-deny yun. At alam natin na ide-deny yun kahit pa man anong gawin natin (We will appeal again and again, no matter how many times they deny it, and for sure, they will do it)," she said.
The camp of the former president's appeal for his interim release had been repeatedly rejected by ICC judges, which had also confirmed his crimes against humanity charges.