Vice President Sara Duterte has called on the Office of the President to make public the travel authorities it issues, along with the corresponding travel expenses and public funds used by government officials and employees. In a statement issued Tuesday, August 18, Duterte said transparency and...
Vice President Sara Duterte called reports about her supposed trip to Japan “inaccurate,” stressing that her travel plans had changed and that updated information had already been submitted to the Office of the President. In a statement issued Tuesday, August 18, Duterte said the reports did...
Malacañang said it could not confirm reports that Vice President Sara Duterte had sought a private meeting with President Marcos, but stressed that the President remains open to dialogue with anyone. Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary Claire Castro said this following rumors...
For the legal camp of Vice President Sara Duterte, a sitting Vice President cannot be criminally prosecuted while in office, as it urged the court to hear oral arguments on her motion to quash the grave threats cases filed against her. In a virtual press briefing on Friday, Aug. 14, Atty. Paul...
President Marcos said he would endorse the “best possible candidate” in the 2028 elections, setting the stage for the administration to field a candidate who could challenge Vice President Sara Duterte. Speaking at the Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines (FOCAP) Presidential...
The Commission on Audit (COA) is studying the possibility of launching a fraud audit against the Office of the Vice President (OVP) and the Department of Education (DepEd) over the “unusual” names of the recipients of confidential funds from the two agencies that were both then under Vice...
The camp of Vice President Sara Duterte filed a motion to quash the grave threats information filed against her in connection with cases being handled by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Atty. Paul Lawrence Lim, counsel for Duterte in the NBI grave threats cases, confirmed the filing in...
Malacañang has urged Filipinos to look at facts and all available evidence in assessing political developments, after an OCTA Research survey showed the possible tandem of Naga City Mayor Leni Robredo and Sen. Raffy Tulfo narrowly leading that of Vice President Sara Duterte and Sen. Imee Marcos in...
The camp of Vice President Sara Duterte on Tuesday, Aug. 11, confirmed that the Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed three counts of grave threats against her before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) of Quezon City. In a statement, Atty. Paul Lawrence Lim, counsel for Duterte in the National Bureau...
Senator-judge Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri on Tuesday, Aug. 11, proposed moving the Senate’s impeachment court proceedings to the afternoon to avoid conflicts with the chamber’s legislative sessions and allow the trial to proceed for longer hours. Zubiri suggested that the Senate hold its...
The Senate on Monday, Aug. 10, cancelled its impeachment trial and plenary session and allowed its officials and employees to work from home amid projected heavy rainfall brought by the Southwest Monsoon, or Habagat. In an advisory, Senate Secretary Renato Bantug Jr. said Senate President Sherwin...
Emphasizing that unity, cooperation, and a common vision are key to building a stronger and more resilient regional community, Vice President Sara Duterte on Saturday, Aug. 8, urged Southeast Asians to bring the Filipino spirit of “bayanihan” to the global stage and challenged ASEAN 's...