As the country awaits President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 25, incoming Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel III wants to know the true state of the Philippine nation as of July 2022.
July 25 is the start of the 19th Congress.
Pimentel also wants to hear the President on other issues such as:
- Is the administration short of cash as the past administration front-loaded many expenses for this year?
- How much its our debt and how do we intend to repay this?
- What is his recommended budget for 2023?
- What priorities are clearly set forth in the budget? And why did he chose these as his administration’s priorities?
- What is his vision for the Philippines under his six-year leadership? Where will he bring us? What is his plan on how to achieve this?
Pimentel also said he also hopes to hear from the President his plans on:
- Agriculture which means food;
- Fair economy, education improvement, affordable energy;
- Jobs and work for our desperate people; and
- Utang (debt), be conscious of our massive P132,000,000,000,000 debt (twelve trillion pesos).