Malacañang on Wednesday, May 20, said the arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa remains valid after the Supreme Court (SC) did not issue a temporary restraining order (TRO) stopping its enforcement. Presidential Communications...
Vice President Sara Duterte blamed the administration of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. for the “growing political unrest” in the Philippines, saying recent tensions were triggered by actions of the current government. In a video interview released by the Office of the Vice President (OVP) on...
Vice President Sara Duterte accused the administration of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. of committing “grave abuse of power” amid ongoing political tensions involving Senator Ronald dela Rosa and issues linked to the International Criminal Court (ICC) investigation. In a video interview...
President Marcos has appointed former Iloilo City mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog as undersecretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), Malacañang confirmed. "Confirmed," Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said when sought for confirmation on...
Despite fresh rumors of a Cabinet revamp, Malacañang has once again clarified that there was no reorganization within the administration. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said on Tuesday, May 12, that there was no movement within the administration. "Sa ngayon...
In an apparent swipe at the current administration, Vice President Sara Duterte criticized leaders who are heavily affected by public criticism, saying officials who react strongly to ordinary citizens are “sensitive, insecure, and afraid,” while also blaming poor governance for rising...
Vice President Sara Duterte claimed that the Philippines no longer has sufficient funds, citing a supposed directive from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) requiring government offices to account for their savings, prompting a sharp response from Malacañang. During an interview in The...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) confirmed Tuesday, April 28, that it has found no validated intelligence information pointing to a supposed “military-backed People Power” movement amid rumors circulating online. PNP Chief, Police General Jose Melencio C. Nartatez Jr. said the police force...
Malacañang said there is no movement in leadership within the Marcos Cabinet at the moment. Palace Press Officer and Communications Undersecretary Claire Castro said so far, President Marcos trusts all heads of departments. "Hindi pa po naipapaabot sa atin kung mayroon sa ngayon (It has not yet...
Senator Pia Cayetano on Friday, March 27 welcomed the successful drilling of the Camago-3 gas well, saying it a breakthrough for the Philippine’s energy security and local energy production. “This comes as a source of hope and opportunity, especially at a time when the conflict in West Asia...
Senate Deputy Majority Leader Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito on Wednesday, March 25 said he welcomes President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s declaration of a state of national energy emergency but the directive is already “a bit too late.” That is why Ejercito said the government...
Senator Imee Marcos on Tuesday, March 17 scored President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. over the “increasingly rampant practice” of the President to appoint acting Cabinet secretaries. Marcos said this practice of the President, in effect, strips off the Commission on Appointments (CA) of...