BuCor offers P100,000 reward for info on whereabouts of 4th NBP escapee

Published January 24, 2022, 1:00 PM

by Jeffrey Damicog

Bureau of Corrections

The Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) has also offered a P100,000 reward for information that would lead to the arrest of the fourth escapee from the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa city.

BuCor Deputy Director General Gabriel P. Chaclag confirmed the offer for information on the whereabouts of Chris Candas Ablas, who was reported missing and later confirmed as the fourth escapee from NBP’s maximum-security compound last Jan. 17.

Ablas

BuCor had earlier offered the same amount for information on the third escapee, Drakilou Y. Falcon, who was believed to have sustained wounds on his foot during an encounter with pursuing forces from BuCor and the Philippine National Police (PNP).

Falcon

Two escapees – Pacifico V. Adlawan and Arwin V. Bio – had been killed in separate encounters with pursuing government forces.

Last Jan. 20, two NBP officials were relieved of their posts as a result of the Jan. 17 escape of four persons deprived of liberty (PDLs).

“BuCor Director General Gerald Q. Bantag ordered the relief of the Superintendent of NBP Maximum-Security Compound CSupt. Arnold Guzman and the NBP Commander of the Guards (COG) CSInsp. Israel Basi,” BuCor said in a statement,

“They were relieved of their positions and are now under the Directorate for Administration while investigation is still on-going regarding the escape incident,” it said.

BuCor also said that CSupt. Roy Villasi has been named acting superintendent of the NBP’s maximum-security compound, while CSInsp. Reynaldo Tuguinay has been designated chief of the COG.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2915916,3004683,3004678,3004658,3004654,3004645,3004635]