Netizens are demanding that Korean actor Kim Seon-ho be removed from the TV reality show “2 Days & 1 Night” over allegations that he forced his former girlfriend to have an abortion last year.
On Oct. 17, a woman posted on the Pann Nate website about “popular actor ‘K,’” claiming that she and the star were in a relationship that started in early 2020 but “it’s been more than four months since we broke up, and I thought he would sincerely ask for forgiveness once.”
In the post, the woman said he asked her to have an abortion because of his career. She wanted to have the baby but he told her “If you have a child now, I have to pay 900 million won (about $762,000) in damages, and I don’t have 900 million won right now.”
She also alleged that his image on TV is totally different. She said people asked her to post pictures to prove her claims and she said there are many.
“But the only reason I didn’t upload photos and evidence right away was that I didn’t upload it for legal reasons,” she wrote.
She said actor “K” promised he would introduce her to his parents, that they would live together next year and he would marry her in two years.
The woman had an abortion but the actor did not accompany her to the hospital and instead, he sent his acquaintance. He sent 2 million ($1,692) for surgery and hospital expenses.
The woman said after her abortion, the actor’s attitude changed. He broke up with her with a phone call.
Kim Seon-ho’s agency, Salt Entertainment, issued a statement after two days, saying, “We sincerely apologize for not being able to respond quickly. We are currently confirming the facts of the anonymous posting. As the facts have not yet been clearly confirmed, we sincerely ask you to wait a little longer. We sincerely apologize for causing concern over something bad.”
Korean fans have also issued a statement to defend Kim Seon-ho and vowed to take legal actions against those who are posting malicious and false information about him.
The 35-year-old actor is a mainstay of “2 Days & 1 Night” and has been on the program since December 2019.
On the viewers’ board on the “2 Days & 1 Night” website on KBS, netizens have asked that he be removed from the program due to the controversy.
A netizen wrote that “someone caused such a controversy and I couldn’t watch the program comfortably. Please leave as soon as possible.”
Another said Kim Seon-ho should take a break from the TV program and self-reflect but is opposed to removing him.
Others opposed the idea to remove him from the program with one writing, “It’s not fun without actor Kim Seon-ho!”
In an online article on viewers asking Kim Seon-ho to leave “2 Days & 1 Night,” one Korean netizen commented, “Image is everything for these celebrities. His career is over. How can his agency still be “checking into the truth” all this time?”
“DinDin [‘2 Days & 1 Night’ mainstay] says every episode… please don’t get into scandals, let’s keep this going~~~ so listen to him!” another wrote, according to Netizen Buzz.
One wrote, “What a shame. Even if he did marry her, he has a face that could’ve carried his popularity still”
“I don’t know how what this woman did is any different from when a man releases a private video of a woman. She basically aired out his dirty laundry by claiming that he talks behind his co-star’s backs, how sensitive he is during filming, etc etc etc.,” another posted.
Another netizen wrote, “think people are pushing him too hard like he’s some criminal… He had only dated her for 4 months when she got pregnant, what was he supposed to do? Get married right away? Whether you’ve been dating for 4 months or 4 years, doesn’t he have a right to ask that she ab*rt the baby if the pregnancy is unwanted…?”
Kim Seon-ho won the Rookie Award for “2 Days & 1 Night” at the 2020 KBS Entertainment Awards.