‘Up to NBI to include’ journalist Tulfo on probe for ‘using unregistered’ COVID-19 vaccine — DOJ

Published February 24, 2021, 3:52 PM

by Jeffrey Damicog

It’s up to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) whether to include in its probe newspaper columnist and special envoy to China Ramon “Mon” T. Tulfo Jr. who admitted his inoculation of an unregistered vaccine against the corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) last year, Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra said on Wednesday, Feb. 24.

National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)(MANILA BULLETIN)

 “The NBI has an ongoing investigation on the alleged importation, entry, sale, and administration of unregistered COVID-19 vaccines in the underground market,” he said.

“I will leave it to the NBI to determine if it’s necessary or relevant to invite Ramon Tulfo to shed light on the matter,” he also said.

In his newspaper column, Tulfo revealed that he was vaccinated last year with Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine.

 Guevarra had issued a Department order that directed the NBI “to conduct an investigation on the reported importation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, administration, and inoculation of COVID-19 vaccines that are not authorized by or registered with the Food and Drug Administration” (FDA).

He also directed the NBI “to file the appropriate charges against all persons involved and found responsible for any unlawful act in connection therewith.”

 Guevarra’s directive was following revelations made by Presidential Security Group (PSG) Commander Brig. Gen. Jesus Durante III that the PSG was able to get COVID-19 vaccines and have its personnel vaccinated to better protect President Duterte from getting infected with the virus.

 But Guevarra clarified that his order to the NBI on the probe was not prompted by reports on the vaccination conducted on PSG’s security personnel.

 
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
 

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

["national","news","news"]
[2630848,2841883,2841875,2841859,2841849,2841845,2841853]