Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano on Friday, May 15, appealed to the Office of the Ombudsman to also consider placing National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag under preventive suspension. In a Facebook live, Cayetano questioned the narratives being relayed to President...
After days of sheltering inside the Senate amid fears of arrest linked to the arrest warrant by the International Criminal Court (ICC), Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa quietly slipped out of the Senate complex early Thursday, May 14, hours after the confusion and gunfire that erupted between Senate...
Senator Imee Marcos filed a resolution on Thursday, May 14, directing the appropriate Senate Committee to conduct an inquiry, in aid of legislation, into the incidents that took place within or in the immediate vicinity of the Senate premises from May 11 to May 13. Senate Resolution No. 396 seeks...
President Marcos ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) to ensure that the investigation into the alleged shootout in the Senate would be truthful and impartial. Marcos made the directive during a meeting with NBI Director Melvin Matibag and PNP...
Vice President Sara Duterte said attempts to compel Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa to face proceedings linked to the International Criminal Court (ICC) would allegedly violate constitutional rights and Philippine sovereignty. In a video interview released by the Office of the Vice President...
Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III has denied allegations that he allowed authorities to arrest Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa inside the Senate. In an interview, he stated he had no prior knowledge that the senator would appear at the Senate on the day National Bureau of Investigation...
Following the tense encounter between the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) agents and Senator Ronald 'Bato ' dela Rosa at the Senate yesterday, a CCTV footage of a seeming chase involving both parties went viral and sparked reactions from celebrities. In a post on Instagram,...
Newly-elected Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano on Monday night May 11, said that the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) decided not to pursue the arrest of Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa within Senate premises. In an interview, Cayetano said NBI Director Melvin Matibag informed him that...
Eight workers were safely evacuated after a fire, reportedly caused by an overheated electric fan, broke out past midnight on Monday, May 11, inside a junk shop barracks in Barangay Gulod, Novaliches, Quezon City. Initial investigation by the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) showed that a...
The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) has intensified its manhunt for two motorcycle-riding gunmen whose escape route was captured on CCTV footage after they killed two men in a daylight ambush along Timog Avenue. Police identified the fatalities as alias “Norberto,” 51, a driver from Cubao,...
The Quezon City Police District (QCPD) said on Monday, April 27, that it is reviewing its custody transport procedures following the Payatas road crash that killed five persons under police custody (PUPCs) and injured other detainees as well as police personnel. In a press briefing at Camp Crame...
Two American nationals were allegedly among the 19 people killed in an armed encounter between the Philippine Army (PA) and New People’s Army (NPA) in Toboso, Negros Occidental last week, the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) said on Saturday, April 25....